No announcement yet.

Lake Whitney/Lake Aquilla 2011-2012 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You think there will still be water in the Nolan so the sandies will be able to get up in it?

Comment

At 9' low- yes. At 9' you should be able to get past the cliffs.

Comment

I was down there today, on both Whitney and Aquilla. As I crossed the Kimble Bend bridge, I could see the rolling current going south. It was enough that a small craft could still be swept south dispite the wind that was producing "some" whitecaps over 3 feet. The Nolan River boat ramp was almost at a complete stand still. But still very low on the mud flat going toward the Brazos. Lots of debris, and many logs have been rearranged there.

I also have formal word on the boat ramps via ACE Whitney office received @ 4:36PM. There was an assessment by park rangers today on some of the boat ramps and if they would be opened. They didn't make all the ramps but got to quite a few. Plowman ramp is not yet open and waiting assessment. McCown Vally has been opened. Cedar creek is now open. Steele creek on the creek side is still very low, but open. As advised: quote- "Launch at your own risk."

Following info courtesy of the Ft. Worth A.C.E. district web sight and the Whitney ACE crew :

On the "W" Lake:
        Current elevation at this time: 524.53

Conservation level: 533

On "A" lake:
        Current elevation at this time: 538.06

Conservation level: 537.5

Thank You Army Corps of Engineers for all you do!
        Last edited by Texas Grown; 01-27-2012, 06:49 PM.

Comment

I'm gonna go check the A spill way tomorrow and see if I can't catch a crappie or two.

Comment

Lots of cats in the water over there.

Comment

Off topic, but for the guys that live around Lake Whitney. Does anybody use Verizon Wireless, and if so, what kind of service do you get? I live on the South West side of the lake, and I suffer with satellite internet, and I was just wondering if Verizon wireless was any better. Thanks

Comment

Yea there is. But in that little creek I've caught a bunch of crappie.

Comment

I haven't tried Verizon around here but my buddy has it and when he visits he has to go outside and stand on our tank dam.

Comment

I was wondering if their mobile broadband was any good out here. I have at&t for my cell service, and that isnt very good either. But, I really need a faster internet solution.

Comment

I've tried fishing behind the spillway at A lake, but only a couple times. Never caught anything. The folks that were fishing for drum and carp sure had success. Just haven't had time to go back.

Comment

Current elevation: 525.81 . It's looking better all the time

Comment

I've had pretty good luck there when the waters running. Out there at night you can catch some big blues.

Comment

Kody, did ya catch any today?

Comment

Only @7' low now, still letting water out of Granbury.

WHITNEY 533.0 571.0 526.10

Comment

It's gonna be nice once I get my boat goin with the lake rising.

Comment

Working...
                                X