Lake Whitney/Lake Aquilla 2011-2012 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From the ACE district sight.

Boat Ramps: All boat ramps are now closed except for Lofer's Bend Day Use, Lofer's Bend East, Walling Bend, and Steele Creek. Please continue to use caution when launching from these ramps as falling lake levels will continue to create or expose new hazards.

Conservation level:
    533.00 ft.

Current level:

Data since Oct 1, 2011
    Date/ time;.............water elevation

Oct 1,2011/ 2400; .... 516.97;
    Oct 2,2011/ 2400; ... 516.94;
    Oct 3,2011/ 2400; ... 516.92;
    Oct 4,2011/ 2400; ... 516.90;
    Oct 5,2011/ 2400; ... 516.87;
    Oct 6,2011/ 2400; ... 516.80;
    Oct 7,2011/ 2400; ... 516.80;
    Oct 8,2011/ 2400; ... 516.91;
    Oct 9,2011/ 2400; ... 517.42;
    Oct 10,2011/ 2400; ... 517.63;

Comment

Thank you TG.

Comment

Mac… you get my email. Just curious as I was on the road.

HG

Comment

Home grown i can't pm yet

Comment

Well it's another day with no success. Man this year is really sucking!

Comment

No movement at all tonight TO? I figured it would be a good night to sit.

HG

Comment

T..O. Just a guess,maybe the full moon and warm temps. Has them feeding after dark.

Keep after them.

Comment

TO, try changing up you stand spot. I did Sunday afternoon and seen alot of does,but they were just out of range and had a nice 8 point AR buck walk 15 yards infront of me. All he needed was just 2 more inches and he would of been in the back of my truck.
                  Last edited by arrowdiger; 10-11-2011, 09:27 PM.

Comment

That moon is super bright tonight. I'm thinking by the weekend with less moon and cooler temps it should be good hunting.

Comment

Might sound odd to you guys, but im going out to B1 tomorrow afternoon and evening, Ive left my wife a map, but in the event any of you pass by the B1 parking area(across from Kimball Park) and see a green F-150 with a camo camper shell there later than it should be, come poke around, or if you just want to say hello. I dont often trek out alone, but since I get no cell service I would rather not find myself dangling from a tree with no one knowing my whereabouts. May be paranoid, but rather be safe than sorry.

Comment

It does not sound odd to me. It's a smart thing to do. I like to give my family a gps location of my stand spots so that they can find me or at least get close.

Comment

The moon was the big thing for me. Plus I'm on about 3 good trails and I gotta keep one baited to keep em by my tree or they will take another route. I did see a really nice buck right at dark. I'll go put some corn out today and hunt it tomorrow.

Comment

Doesn't sound odd to me either. I always let my dad know where I'm at since he knows the area as well. And there's 2 other hunters that know my hunting spots as well. I always make sure people know where I'm at.

"Aim small, miss small"

Comment

i showed the old lady where im at just in case.

Comment

My wife knows where I am, especially after making her help me look for a deer for several hours Saturday.

Comment

Working...
                                X