No announcement yet.

Lake Whitney/Lake Aquilla 2011-2012 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was in Whitney this morning/afternoon out walking in the rain soakin it up!!! Needed to get back to one of my spots and swap out cards and put out more mineral. The bucks are all over this stuff right now and I'm seeing some nice growth in a few of these guys. I'm still trying to get all these pics into my mac and I'll post later. Mac these porkers are on the Bosque side of the lake and they are trying to run the deer off. The pics tell the story. I was gonna hang my set today and go back in the morning to hunt this big sow but I ran out of time. I def don't feel comfortable doing too much walking around in this area knowing she's out there… gotta go asap so these bucks will keep hanging around. Pics to come…

HG

Comment

I expect record numbers of hunters out there this year. Seriously. I'm guessing 3,400-3,800 permits to be issued this year alone. A lot of those folk are ones who did not fill out the serve for 2009-2010 and did not get to hunt last year. Then add the new hunters coming in this year too. I'm sure there are a lot that lurk here too. I know of several who are not members but keep an eye on this thread. And I know multiple members here who know those folk. Be careful what you post. You may come to regret it in a year or three. After all, this is the World Wide Web. Just say-n.
      Last edited by Texas Grown; 08-13-2011, 09:41 PM.

Comment

I'll be one of the ones that forgot his papers from last year...

Comment

Originally posted by Mac... View Post
          I'll be one of the ones that forgot his papers from last year...
          Mac, your not the only member here who forgot. I know of several here who forgot. (I not being one of them.)

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
            Mac, your not the only member here who forgot. I know of several here who forgot. (I not being one of them.)
            Lol
            We got on a lease the year before and never stepped foot on Corp land. So we never turned in our card. Our mistake.
            We paid the price and had to set the bench.... And learned our lesson.
            Just because you didn't hunt doesn't mean your not a registered hunter.
            Fill em out, and turn em in
            It won't happen again!

Comment

Yea it makes me wonder how much longer it will stay free or when it will go to a draw to get access. How much do y'all think she weighs?
              Attached Files

Comment

Hard to say. If that piglet were closer, i could give a good guess. Game cam lenses do funny things sometimes.

Comment

Nice sow hg

Comment

Watch out for a1 homeowners

Comment

she'd be a lot nicer if she were laid over permanently. Very few pics of deer after she moved in. Does the survey have to be turned in on paper? I used my survey online this past fall as a journal to help me keep up with when and where I was hunting and submitted it every time I added more information. Does this count as turning in a survey? I guess I just assumed that it did.

HG

Comment

Morning have a great Sunday we are off to feed

Comment

Originally posted by Kadda&Ben View Post
                          Morning have a great Sunday we are off to feed
                          About to head out myself
                          Hope you see something promising!

HG, just a guess on your sow weight.
                          I'd put her around 100-120 lbs.
                          But that's a guess.

She looks like she may be packing a load tho!
                          Could be a 1 shot 10 kill situation

Last edited by Mac...; 08-14-2011, 05:25 AM.

Comment

If as many hunters show up on coe land this year as expected, there's going to be a lot of scent being laid down, and accidental intrusions into occupied hunting spots. So, how will that affect wildlife patterns? Will probably be a lot more challenging this year. I hope it doesn't mess things up for everyone.

Comment

Its my first year hunting here, but since it is a public park, i would think they would be somewhat used to human scents being around. If not, then you gotta hope that someone else's scent pushes them into your spot

Comment

Bowmania it really changes every year. Last year I saw 1 hunter. Year before I saw over 20 come by me. So it varies in my opinion.

Comment

Working...
                                X