Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good luck

Comment

Hello all, been reading this for a while, but just now getting around to posting. Hunted whitney for the first time this past Wed-Sun. Was lucky enough to never see another hunter tromping through my area. Shot a doe on wed morning and on thursday morning, both right about 830ish. Found a spot COVERED in rubs, I counted 14 within about a 40 yard circle, but no sign of the big boy. Looking forward to the rest of the season, and hope to see some of ya'll out there.

Comment

No action here yet except for squirrels and red birds. My pile got eaten last night again. Guess that's a good thing. I'm bout to pin one of these bushy tails to a tree the first chance I get. Wish the deer were this active.

HG

congrats Stryker on the doe harvest. With all of the rubs in that area I would set up a camera on a mock scrape and try to identify the buck your after. Just a thought. Good luck.
        Last edited by homegrown; 10-09-2011, 03:19 PM.

Comment

Welcome stryker311. Sounds like your in a good spot .

Best to all those out there this evening. Looking forward to the reports.

Comment

Thanks for the welcome, Thought about putting up a camera, but hesistant to do it on COE land. But I suppose the lack of other poeple hunting my area should make it safe enough. Wish I was back out there tonight, but the warden revoked my furlow for a few days. Hope to make it back on wed or thurs this week. Anyone have any opinions if they will be more active in the am or pm? I would think with the full moon coming that evenings might see more movement.

Comment

Evenings for me so far. Of course I only see half as many deer in the mornings because at 5 in the morning I'm only looking through one eye.

Comment

Guys, this is my first year on Whitney. Hunting H9 November 28-Dec3. Anyone in that area or have been in the area before. I scouted a little before season and found a tank in the middle of the woods I like.

Comment

No more birds or squirrels. Dead calm and completely silent… finally. Nap time till bout 6 ish.

HG

Comment

It's 6:02....WAKE UP!!!!!!!!
                    Hope to see something soon. Missing my tv and couch, lol.

Comment

I gotta ask, loooks like most of you are posting from your mobiles while out there, what service are you guys with? Where I am hunting down there my phone is deader than a doornail.

Comment

Welcome Stryker! Good to hear you were successful
                        I use AT&T and get pretty good reception in the woods.

Getting to be that time of day for em to start pokin' their heads out! Good luck everybody!

Comment

Was gonna go out today and take my girl friend for her first time hunting but I didn't want her first experience to be wet and miserable so I just hung out at the house congrads to every one who got one already

Comment

I just arrowed my first buck of the season. Gonna give him a few more minutes and start tracking. Get ur flexible tape ready TO!!!

HG

Comment

Congrats Homegrown!!

Comment

Doe down baby. She is not bad size for a drought. She'll make some good breakfast sausage. Congrats on the buck HomeGrown. Ready for pics.
                                Attached Files
                                Last edited by Texas Stalker; 10-09-2011, 07:39 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X