No announcement yet.

Lake Whitney/Lake Aquilla 2011-2012 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do get to be able to hunt this area.

Comment

Originally posted by trouttracker View Post
      How do get to be able to hunt this area.
      Go the Corp office by the dam and get your permit.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Stalker View Post
        I am absolutely sick tonight. Shot a monster buck this evening with a Rage from 30 yards and somehow I believe I got him around the neck. Too dark to find him. No blood from what I can find. Going back in the morning to try again. Worst feeling ever. Any suggestions?
        I accidentally center-punched a deer's trachea one time and it was the shortest tracking job I've ever had. Pretty no. Effective? Definitely. I hope you find the buck if it was indeed a mortal wound. Best of luck and I'll be looking for some pictures soon

Comment

Well just found my arrow and some blood. By the looks of how much of my arrow is Here there was minimal penetration. I'll look till dark though.
          Attached Files

Comment

TS look for buzzards if he's down they will be around him. They only took about a hour to find my doe and I had her up under some trees.

Comment

Well. Still no luck. Breaking for lunch them gonna go shower. I'll come back and look for buzzards. I ended getting about 10 inched of arrow with a 2 blade rage in him. Im betting he is laying somewhere dead. With only a few drops of blood it's a tough tracking job. The meat is bad but now I just want the antlers for proof, lol.

Comment

Hope you find it

Comment

Hope you find him Stalker. I have been in this situation before and I know it isn't fun, but unfortunately part of the game. Good luck, he'll turn up.

Comment

You may try going to the closest water source. Sometimes they will go to water to help stop the bleeding and die nearby. I've been there before and I know it sucks but you can't give up till you have exhausted all options. Good luck.

HG

Comment

Thanks for the support guys. This is why I like this forum. As for water............all the ponds are dry. I'll be back out there this evening and tomorrow. Eventually the birds will be there.

Comment

Well I'm back in the woods. Hope I see a shooter!

Comment

TS you ever find him? Still no contest entries?

HG

Comment

Originally posted by Hunter75 View Post
                            I just got back from having a nature call, here come in two Park Ranger trucks, one with an ATV on a trailer. Pretty nice guys, did mention about the 144 sq in of orange to be wearing. Told him it was at tree, he was okay with that I was just returning from my nature call. I m curious if many of ya'll have run across these guys out during the actual hunting season. I figured they would look for illegal stands and the like before/after season. Just thought ya'll would like to know. Be safe & good luck.
                            Page #17 of this thread. Post number 808 . They make stand sweeps almost weekly during the season. Just takes them a little time to get around to all the units.

Comment

Originally posted by arrowdiger View Post
                              Well I'm back in the woods. Hope I see a shooter!
                              Put something on the ground!!! I'll help ya get him out!!!

Comment

Originally posted by homegrown View Post
                                TS you ever find him? Still no contest entries?

HG
                                No one has killed anything yet in the contest.

Comment

Working...
                                X