Lake Whitney/Lake Aquilla 2011-2012 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by basscast View Post
    It's not the fact of the feeder or stands so much, but the continuous breaking of the rules will compromise the hunting for everyone if the COE decides to change, limit, or close it all together. I enjoy hunting public land for free and don't want to see it go away because of someone who thinks they need to hunt over a feeder.
    X2

"Aim small, miss small"

Comment

WELL I'M HUNTING MY FEEDER..... on my lease I've hunted a feeder I think three times in my life. I prefer "hunting" over waiting at a feeder. Bad thing is all have at my feeder is bucks and I can only shoot spikes. I figure the more stuff like this happens the closer we are to being a draw only hunt. Destruction of property like described above and the littering will be what screws it for us all.

Comment

Originally posted by switchback View Post
        prayers sent Mac.

Saw 2 black tube feeders right next to a road. protein on ground, corn block on ground,mineral block on ground. Also bag of record rack in a tree so they didn't have to tote it in later. Didn't mess with anything, but did take pics and tied a paper pull tab from top of corn bag to the string holding tubes up.That way they know someone saw their set up. Hope it's gone by this weekend or will call the coe. Also was told by some one else out there that there was a single one across the way from that one. Some people just can't follow simple rules!
        Why in the world would you feed protein now???? And why waste record rack on public land...That joker needs to get a lease. You can bet some coons will find that bag in the tree and have a field day with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
          Not meaning to rain on any body's parade. This is just for clarification. ACE may have your equipment, and maybe not.

For those wondering where in the regulations it says any thing about leaving personal property out there, there is a little brochure ACE has available. Any thing being left out there unattended is considered abandoned property. Anyone having had a stand confiscated will usually have a brochure attached to the tree where their stand was, or that is what they used to do. I used to walk several units seeing where ribbons and the brochures were on trees all over the place . Not so sure they are leaving any thing any more. So to some that have lost equipment, it may have been to ACE. They carry some super heavy duty bolt cutters, and some times an extension ladder too, on a 4x4 Mule. They make regular patrols during the week for stands, feeders, and any other equipment left out there. Especially the two weeks before the season starts. If they have your stand, they will return it, usually for a small fee (ticket/fine). You can pick the brochure up at the office, or go to the link below and down load and then print it. It is in a pdf format. Look under sec. 327.15.

Title 36 Section 327.15 Abandonment and impoundment of personal property
          I DON'T THINK THAT THE COE WOULD CUT DOWN TREES AND CUT THERE OWN FIENCE TO GET TO THE STUFF THAT PEOPLE ARE LEAVING OUT THERE. Like whats happend at the spot that I hunt.

Comment

Thanks for posting TG. What gets me though is on the website there is pics from a game cam in pic section.
            Last edited by texanatc; 09-28-2011, 06:56 AM.

Comment

Buckchaser,the COE has the responsibility of managing the land,and they make the rules.

You can bet a long time ago,this problem was out of control,much like it is headed now. So,they made the rules in order to be fair to everyone,not have people " stake a claim" on a spot.

I have to ask the one's complaining about the rules and their property(cameras) missing,would you park your vehicle at a store,leave the windows down,and leave a stack of cash on the seat??or a laptop??
              And then stand there screaming that someone stole your stuff,and how if you see them you will punish them,including death???

Trust me,I can't stand a thief OR a liar,and would not touch anyone's property,anywhere..
              But,here is a little known secret.. People can't and shouldn't be trusted. Period.

I am not trying to offend anyone,I just don't understand why someone would leave valuable property on PUBLIC land,even though the rules say not to,and when it comes up missing,you are surprised and ticked off,just makes no sense to me.

I would venture to guess,the reason THEY don't want stands and feeders and cameras,at some point in the past,the people in the office got sick and tired of people showing up moaning and groaning about their stuff missing...so,they just made the rule that no one can leave anything behind..yet there will always be a few bad apples that ruin it for everybody.

I am off my soap box now. Hope everyone has a safe hunting season.

Comment

Arrow,have you reported what you have seen to the office??
                If not,you really should.

If I made an educated guess, this spot you speak of,is it close to kopperl?

Comment

My cam being stolen is no ones falt but my own. I put it out there and took the risk. Thats why I only put a cam that cost 50 dollars, but what bothers me is when someone goes out there just to steal and harase the hunters that put in the hard work in to have a good hunt. I've been scouting the area since last year and worked hard to find a spot that I like, but that does not mean that if someone else finds the spot and wants to set up there as well that I'm going to get mad. That's part of public hunting. What makes me mad is someone destorying the place that I have come to love. The way I see it if there willing to do the damage that they have done than there willing to poch as well and I will not stand for that. The COE and the GW have been told about what is going on at the place that I hunt.

Comment

Buckshot -73 PM sent

Comment

You can bet a long time ago,this problem was out of control,much like it is headed now. So,they made the rules in order to be fair to everyone,not have people " stake a claim" on a spot.

I agree
                      I have to ask the one's complaining about the rules and their property(cameras) missing,would you park your vehicle at a store,leave the windows down,and leave a stack of cash on the seat??or a laptop??
                      And then stand there screaming that someone stole your stuff,and how if you see them you will punish them,including death???

Wasn't complaining of rules, I was ignorant about the camera(Not a valid excuse) until TG posted it. First sentence of that section, its cut and dry.

But i can leave my truck unlocked and complain when it gets stolen, its against the law to steal and not against the law to leave a wad of cash in an unlocked vehicle ,albeit not very smart.
                      Trust me,I can't stand a thief OR a liar,and would not touch anyone's property,anywhere..
                      But,here is a little known secret.. People can't and shouldn't be trusted. Period.

I agree
                      I am not trying to offend anyone,I just don't understand why someone would leave valuable property on PUBLIC land,even though the rules say not to,and when it comes up missing,you are surprised and ticked off,just makes no sense to me.

Thanks to TG for clarifying that. If it wasnt against the rules i would complain. I leave my vehicle on public parking spots and would complain if its stolen, but yes I do agree..

I would venture to guess,the reason THEY don't want stands and feeders and cameras,at some point in the past,the people in the office got sick and tired of people showing up moaning and groaning about their stuff missing...so,they just made the rule that no one can leave anything behind..yet there will always be a few bad apples that ruin it for everybody.

Thats what i think too. I try not to be a bad apple.
                      I am off my soap box now. Hope everyone has a safe hunting season.[/quote]

Can I buy you a beer?
                      Last edited by texanatc; 09-28-2011, 07:43 AM.

Comment

Permitted hunters: 1065

Comment

Went out last night and retrieved my brothers cam. Was still there and had some good lookin spikes on it!!! LOL
                          Dang pigs are taking over some good habitat.

HG

Comment

Originally posted by team obsession View Post
                            BIG BUCK CONTEST/HEAVY DOE CONTEST
                            Alright fellas. The Big Buck Contest is a go. It will start saturday morning. The entry is going to be $20. The contest will consist of biggest buck/heaviest doe. Bucks will be scored by anters and does will be just a weigh in. I need EVERYONE who plans to compete to pm me with your name, address, screen name, and phone number. Just so everyone wont have to drive here on a short notice to pay all payments will be due after the morning hunt opening morning. If you do not pm me or jgirsh(who is also helping out) by friday at midnight your not eligible to compete. All money will be sent to jgirsh. The money will be spit 75/25. 75% of the money will go towards the big buck winner and 25% of it will go to heaviest doe winner. Contest ends last day of general season. Contest is corp land hunting only. I will be scoring the deer along with jgirsh and anyone else who would like to help. The weigh ins and scoring can be done at my house which is near mccown valley park. And just to keep it fair, after the deer has been drug out a picture needs to be taken of you, the deer and the access sign in the background. i will not show anyone the pictures im just trying to weed out any cheaters. If anyone else wishes to help your more than welcome. It may take a few people to do this. if i am forgeting anything let me no and i might add in later if i think of anything. Any other suggetions or modifications to the rules? Most of this is a rough draft so im open to comments and opinions.
                            Must be a tbh'er

Comment

Big thread going here, looking forward to hearing everyone's report on Whitney and Aquilla this weekend.

Comment

Im in on the hunt but i dont go in through an access sign

Comment

Working...
                                X