Lake Whitney/Lake Aquilla 2011-2012 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by homegrown View Post
    I'll prob wait till one evening next week to go hang my set. Hunt it that evening and the next morning. Thoughts and prayers go out to you and your fam Mac. We had a close friend growing up that was diagnosed with it. I'm in for 20 TO in the BBC. Will be following along for details. Y'all b sure to post up some pics of the weekend harvest.

HG
    I should get everything figured out this evening and post it. Stay tuned.

Comment

BBC sounds fun

Comment

Ready for sat we will have camp set by 530 fri

Comment

I would be in for 20 on the contest. It would definitely help people hold out for a bigger buck. Oh wait Im the one who shot a barely 13 inch buck the first week of the season.

Comment

Mac, my thoughts and prayers go out to you, your wife, and family as well. Take care of her, they don't come around very often.

Comment

prayers sent Mac.

Saw 2 black tube feeders right next to a road. protein on ground, corn block on ground,mineral block on ground. Also bag of record rack in a tree so they didn't have to tote it in later. Didn't mess with anything, but did take pics and tied a paper pull tab from top of corn bag to the string holding tubes up.That way they know someone saw their set up. Hope it's gone by this weekend or will call the coe. Also was told by some one else out there that there was a single one across the way from that one. Some people just can't follow simple rules!
              Last edited by switchback; 09-27-2011, 07:09 PM.

Comment

BIG BUCK CONTEST/HEAVY DOE CONTEST
                Alright fellas. The Big Buck Contest is a go. It will start saturday morning. The entry is going to be $20. The contest will consist of biggest buck/heaviest doe. Bucks will be scored by anters and does will be just a weigh in. I need EVERYONE who plans to compete to pm me with your name, address, screen name, and phone number. Just so everyone wont have to drive here on a short notice to pay all payments will be due after the morning hunt opening morning. If you do not pm me or jgirsh(who is also helping out) by friday at midnight your not eligible to compete. All money will be sent to jgirsh. The money will be spit 75/25. 75% of the money will go towards the big buck winner and 25% of it will go to heaviest doe winner. Contest ends last day of general season. Contest is corp land hunting only. I will be scoring the deer along with jgirsh and anyone else who would like to help. The weigh ins and scoring can be done at my house which is near mccown valley park. And just to keep it fair, after the deer has been drug out a picture needs to be taken of you, the deer and the access sign in the background. i will not show anyone the pictures im just trying to weed out any cheaters. If anyone else wishes to help your more than welcome. It may take a few people to do this. if i am forgeting anything let me no and i might add in later if i think of anything. Any other suggetions or modifications to the rules? Most of this is a rough draft so im open to comments and opinions.

Comment

Originally posted by switchback View Post
                  prayers sent Mac.

Saw 2 black tube feeders right next to a road. protein on ground, corn block on ground,mineral block on ground. Also bag of record rack in a tree so they didn't have to tote it in later. Didn't mess with anything, but did take pics and tied a paper pull tab from top of corn bag to the string holding tubes up.That way they know someone saw their set up. Hope it's gone by this weekend or will call the coe. Also was told by some one else out there that there was a single one across the way from that one. Some people just can't follow simple rules!

I found one of the tube feeder at the place that I hunt as well. You should report it.

Comment

Originally posted by team obsession View Post
                    So I'm walking to my set ups today to put some corn out. And I find ribbon tied to trees to mark a trail. Well i guess I'm making it easy for somone cause at all 3 of my spots there was ribbon tied up at my stand locations and corn all over the ground where I put corn at on Saturday. But it's public land. It just sucks cause I did the dirty work for someone else to hunt.
                    Just get there before they do

Comment

I agree. Just beat them there. If you see them headed your way just flash your light at em. I'd be kind of mad if I have been baiting the same spot for a month and someone try's to sit it. Public land or not, there is something called common courtesy. I'll let em know.

Comment

prayers sent for ur wife mac

Comment

Mac, my exwife had it. I went though over 150 grand-mauls with her. Plenty of experience here. It's sometimes hard for someone who has it to come to terms with it like my X did. And I understand the "adjustment" the family has to make. There are 28 different types of Ep. My prayers are with you brother, with her, and your family.

Comment

Not meaning to rain on any body's parade. This is just for clarification. ACE may have your equipment, and maybe not.

For those wondering where in the regulations it says any thing about leaving personal property out there, there is a little brochure ACE has available. Any thing being left out there unattended is considered abandoned property. Anyone having had a stand confiscated will usually have a brochure attached to the tree where their stand was, or that is what they used to do. I used to walk several units seeing where ribbons and the brochures were on trees all over the place . Not so sure they are leaving any thing any more. So to some that have lost equipment, it may have been to ACE. They carry some super heavy duty bolt cutters, and some times an extension ladder too, on a 4x4 Mule. They make regular patrols during the week for stands, feeders, and any other equipment left out there. Especially the two weeks before the season starts. If they have your stand, they will return it, usually for a small fee (ticket/fine). You can pick the brochure up at the office, or go to the link below and down load and then print it. It is in a pdf format. Look under sec. 327.15.

Title 36 Section 327.15 Abandonment and impoundment of personal property

Comment

not that i have anything on the coe land but you know theres alot of land out there and they cant be in the only good spot im just saying is it really that big of a deal for them to have a pipe feeder i dont use one because i dont need to and i dont leave stands in because i have a climber but what is it really hurting for them to have a pipe feeder although i dont think they should be leaving stands

Comment

Originally posted by BuckChaser45 View Post
                                not that i have anything on the coe land but you know theres alot of land out there and they cant be in the only good spot im just saying is it really that big of a deal for them to have a pipe feeder i dont use one because i dont need to and i dont leave stands in because i have a climber but what is it really hurting for them to have a pipe feeder although i dont think they should be leaving stands
                                It's not the fact of the feeder or stands so much, but the continuous breaking of the rules will compromise the hunting for everyone if the COE decides to change, limit, or close it all together. I enjoy hunting public land for free and don't want to see it go away because of someone who thinks they need to hunt over a feeder.

Comment

Working...
                                X