No announcement yet.

Lake Whitney/Lake Aquilla 2011-2012 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

its looking like it might be a buy in. no one wants to give much out these days. shoot me a pm fro more suggestions and stuff cause i dont wanna be puttin this together alone really.

Comment

Decided to deter game cam theft. Got some c channel, cut-out the cam face, welded some sides and top, and stopped(ran out of beer) at the back welded on. a grade 8 bolt will go under the cam and locked. More to follow
      Attached Files

Comment

Man, come on deer season!!!! I'm ready!!

Comment

Back to P&Y squirrels:

This was my first buck. He and another buck were running a doe down. Had him shoulder mounted.

This was my second one. Hunted him all season. He was always on edge and eluded me a number of times back in 1988 before I finally got the drop on-em. You can see how old he is by the gray on his face. Sorry about the tailgate pic

This one I got off a feeder (Shhhhhhhhhh !)

Here's the feeder. Yall keep it quiet
          Last edited by Texas Grown; 08-22-2012, 08:26 PM.

Comment

You're nuts! Lol

Comment

Ever wonder what happened to all the deer? I caught this feller red handed. Notice the little smudge of blood on his cheek?

Here he is in a pic I got from a game cam. Now you know what happened to all the deer.

Last edited by Texas Grown; 08-22-2012, 08:10 PM.

Comment

And since there are no more deer out there due to all the squirrels, I've had some really trying experiences. This one came at me very early one morning before light. I shot him mid air. He landed right at my feet.

This one I got over by Comanche Peak. Thought I was gonna be eaten alive. A Non-typical for sure! And I love me some Non-typicals!

Comment

That's hilarious.

Comment

I had a real show down with this one . I was faster on the "draw" . Guess he ran out of cards to play .

And here's one I'll never forget. A couple of years ago, I was asked by our very own Countryboy and Switchback, to do a trophy guided hunt. We all loaded up our gear and guns and headed out to the "Tall Timbers" area. After about an hour and a half of walking, we were "am-bushed" by this "bushy-tail". We were shoot-n it out on both sides. It was fly-n every where (so to speak)! I ran out of bullets and was about thirty yards in front of CB and Switchback when he popped over the log I was hiding behind. I didn't have time to run so we went hand to paw combat ! He had the better of me after several bites and was just about to sink his long front teeth into my neck when I heard two shots. He fell over dead. Both square in the chest thanks to CB's and Switchback's eagle eye shoot-n! Yea! now he hangs on the wall here at my house.

Here's a pic of my buddies CB and Switchback after they nailed him. It's been around the inter-net several times. Thanks again fellers ! I'd do it again for ya anytime if yall got my back .

Now, go back to page one and read the rest of it .

Comment

That is a huge scope on that gun

Comment

Originally posted by texanatc View Post
                        That is a huge scope on that gun
                        Must have bought that in Texas!

Comment

Yep! He did. And I'm from Texas too. Pecos Bill was my uncle.

Comment

Planning on doing some scouting next week if they don't change my work schedule.

Comment

Tg that's been the funniest thing I've seen I awhile.

Comment

As a child, my Daddy the minister, once said I had been "blessed"...............or was it "touched"? Not real sure what he said.........or meant.

Comment

Working...
                                X