Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Lake Whitney/Lake Aquilla 2011-2012 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Houston read all of this thread and it will help you alot. CEO land is hard hunting and not for the lazy hunter. You will have to work hard to find a good spot that does not have ten guys 20 yards from you. Good luck

Comment

Houston, find a spot and stick with it.

Comment

Sounds good the amount of land there is overwhelming .

Comment

Being your from Ennis you might look into Aquilla lake there's lots of big bucks over there.

Comment

Originally posted by arrowdiger View Post
            Being your from Ennis you might look into Aquilla lake there's lots of big bucks over there.
            no there's not, never saw a deer there in my life. hehehehehe

Comment

I would love to check it out but I think I have a big enough bite to chew this year. Im ready to prove to myself I can take a deer on public ground . Seems like the ultimate challenge .

Comment

Aquilla is public land it is part of the CEO land. It would save you some drive time as well.

Comment

I have the map . Have no idea where to start

Comment

Originally posted by Houston77 View Post
                    I have the map . Have no idea where to start
                    Your first challenge! Welcome aboard.

HG

Comment

Originally posted by homegrown View Post
                      Your first challenge! Welcome aboard.

HG
                      Well said. Just close your eyes, point, and go to the gate closest to your finger.

Comment

Nothing but squirrels and squatches on Lake A! I would stay away from there. Especially A3, nothing good can come from going over there...

Comment

Les! hadn't seen you on here lately, I may have missed your posts. How have you been?

Comment

Originally posted by team obsession View Post
                            Well said. Just close your eyes, point, and go to the gate closest to your finger.
                            I pin my maps to the wall and throw darts blindfolded to see where I'll hunt for the day. If I hear glass break,....................I keep throwing darts.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
                              I pin my maps to the wall and throw darts blindfolded to see where I'll hunt for the day. If I hear glass break,....................I keep throwing darts.

If I hear glass break then I haven't had enough beer to throw good. So I'll go have a few more then throw again.

Comment

I hope they pass this.....

Commission Agenda Item No. 11
                                Presenter:* Linda Campbell

Action
                                Public Lands Proclamation
                                Establishment of an Open Season on Public Hunting Lands
                                Approval of Public Hunting Activities on State Parks
                                May 24, 2012

I.****** Executive Summary: *This item seeks:

adoption of an open season on public hunting lands for the 2012-13 season; and
                                authorization of specific public hunting activities on public hunting lands, including units of the State Park System, for the 2012-2013 season.
                                II.***** Discussion:*Under Parks and Wildlife Code, Chapter 81, Subchapter E, the Texas Parks and Wildlife Commission is authorized to promulgate rules governing access to and use of public hunting lands and specific hunting, fishing, recreational, or other use of wildlife management areas (WMA) and requires the Commission to prescribe by rule any terms, conditions, and fees for the issuance and use of permits.

Parks and Wildlife Code, Chapter 12, Subchapter A, provides that a tract of land purchased primarily for a purpose authorized by the code may be used for any authorized function of the Parks and Wildlife Department “if the Commission determines that multiple use is the best utilization of the land’s resources.” Additionally, Chapter 81, Subchapter E, provides the Commission with the authority to establish open seasons, and authorizes the Executive Director to determine bag limits, means and methods, and conditions for the taking of wildlife resources on wildlife management and public hunting lands, which includes units of the State Park System designated as public hunting lands.

III.**** Recommendation:* Staff recommends that the Commission adopt the following motions:

"The Texas Parks and Wildlife Commission authorizes an open season on public hunting lands to run from September 1, 2012 to August 31, 2013."
                                "The Texas Parks and Wildlife Commission authorizes the public hunting activities contained in Exhibit A to take place on units of the State Park System."
                                Attachments-1

Exhibit A-Proposed Public Hunting Activities for State Parks, 2012-2013
                                Commission Agenda Item No. 11
                                Exhibit A

PROPOSED STATE PARK HUNTS FOR 2012-2013
                                * PARK SPECIES/HUNT TYPE TYPE PERMIT # SPECIAL PERMITS PROPOSED HUNT DATES VISITATION RESTRICTION

32 Lake Whitney Deer, exotics and feral hogs special 20 Jan. 7-9, 9-11 Yes
                                * Lake Whitney Deer, exotics and feral hogs special 10 Jan. 2-4 Yes
                                Last edited by arrowdiger; 05-18-2012, 03:50 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X