No announcement yet.

Lake Whitney/Lake Aquilla 2011-2012 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If any of yall need a hand I'll be around for a bit. Sending PMs.

Comment

I just came across this little guy doin some walking while this area is empty. Can't find an entrance/exit wound and he hadn't been here long. Looks like i'm thd first to come across him. Exposure maybe? Drought? Hard to tell. Hopefully he wasn't just left behind by a hunter.
      Attached Files

Comment

wow... how long do you think he has been dead?

Comment

Poor lil guy.

Comment

Not long jmac. He was in a pretty open area and still had both his eyes and nothin has touched his rear end. That's usually where the buzzards and coyotes start. He's a legal spike and not very far from the parking lot so I don't think he was killed by a hunter. He's tiny and his hip bones are showin bad. I'm headed out on an "emergency" call to one of our customers in Dallas. Seems her Christmas lights aren't working and they are hosting a big dinner party tonite!!!

may try to get back out later. Good luck everybody

HG

Comment

Well good luck to you guys, I wussed out this am, got up at 330 to a hard down pour and thunder here. So I nixed it, have a lot to do at work anyway, suppose its for the best. But I am off tomorrow, and Ill be ina tree come hell or high water. Sorry to hear about your stand HG.

Comment

Originally posted by stryker311 View Post
                Well good luck to you guys, I wussed out this am, got up at 330 to a hard down pour and thunder here. So I nixed it, have a lot to do at work anyway, suppose its for the best. But I am off tomorrow, and Ill be ina tree come hell or high water. Sorry to hear about your stand HG.
                Hey Stryker. Do y'all have the camo blackout face paint at your store? I may try it.

Comment

I believe we do, I'll be in around 12 ish at work, if you come by just ask for joel in the hunting dept.

Comment

I'm taking today off. I needed to sleep. I have hunted so hard this past week. The deer are on some weird routines. It needs to get cold and stay cold. I'll be back at it tomorrow. Good luck to all that are hunting.

Comment

Originally posted by homegrown View Post
                      Not long jmac. He was in a pretty open area and still had both his eyes and nothin has touched his rear end. That's usually where the buzzards and coyotes start. He's a legal spike and not very far from the parking lot so I don't think he was killed by a hunter. He's tiny and his hip bones are showin bad. I'm headed out on an "emergency" call to one of our customers in Dallas. Seems her Christmas lights aren't working and they are hosting a big dinner party tonite!!!

may try to get back out later. Good luck everybody

HG
                      if it was close to a parking lot, just throwing it out there, is it pissible he got hit by a car? idk, just hate to see that..

Comment

Dont know if I should go out and sit. It is only in my back yard basically. My land backs right up to Coe land. What y'all think? I know I can't shoot em from the couch. Think they are moving. Has anybody seen anything today?

Comment

Been following along the last few days from work, wish I was out there with yall. Been pretty steady rain, they should be moving once it starts letting up. I hope to get out there tomorrow but for sure on Tuesday.

Sorry to hear about your stand HG, love to catch em in the act just once!

Your a trooper KTG, everytime I check the screen your in the woods...I'm jealous. Good luck to everyone out there, hopefully we'll see some dirt-nappin-deer pics on here soon.

Comment

Hey yall hope everybody is doing good. I went out and brushed in my pop-up last weekend and loaded the spot down with corn and I just knew I would be dragging something back to the truck but instead my trucks ABS unit goes out and sometimes he don't want to stop then something with the steering is going on where its a constant battle to keep it straight so I had to park it until I get it fixed and with Christmas and my little boys b-day around the corner its going to be hard what kind of truck breaks down during hunting season then to top it off me and my wife are out Thursday looking at a place for the b-day party and my dad calls to let me know my Nanny aka grandma has gone to be with God

Comment

Sorry for your loss gunnerhunter. Hang in there,keep your faith up. God wont let you down.

Comment

Sorry for your grandma. Stay strong keep your head up. Prayers sent.

Comment

Working...
                                X