No announcement yet.

Lake Whitney/Lake Aquilla 2011-2012 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello everyone! New to the forum. I am actually not a bowhunter (yet) but that may change for next year. I moved to Texas four years ago with the hope of getting to hunt more and have found that since everything is private it has actually been the opposite. I picked up my permit to be able to hunt some turkey and ducks. I have hunted mainly public land for 20 years so I am very used to sharing the woods.

In regards to turkey I had been told there were birds around both lakes. Not knowing the area I have spent many hours in different areas and am yet to find a feather, footprint, dropping, see or hear a single bird. Any info would be great. I will only get out a few more days this year around Christmas break so any help is appreciated. I am sure you all have your spots but would be happy to let you know where I have seen some nice deer and some nice rubs and scrapes. Again, not a bowhunter (yet). Would gladly trade my deer sightings for a look at a long beard, or a Jake, or a hen...

Comment

Welcome DeadDuck .

Comment

Sitting here enjoying my second cup of coffee and two hot toasted turkey melt sandwiches for breakfast (I eat a lot of turkey). OH, and I'm reading the green screen too. AD, Kody,Texas Carnivor, yall hurry up and shoot something .

Comment

I'm headed to get something to eat. Then I'm loading up more bb2 and corn and gonna go get back in my tree and sit the rest of the day.

Comment

The front just blew in here.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
              Sitting here enjoying my second cup of coffee and two hot toasted turkey melt sandwiches for breakfast (I eat a lot of turkey). OH, and I'm reading the green screen too. AD, Kody,Texas Carnivor, yall hurry up and shoot something .
              I would be happy to shoot something but I haven't seen anything yet. I'm beginning to think that you had the right idea today.

Comment

Hoping my set up will be right when the wind shifts. Right now it is a swirlin!

Comment

Wow! Kinda windy. Glad I slept in now.

Comment

It's really windy 20 foot up.

Comment

Just walked back to my stand and spooked 5 deer eating my corn. Kody, I'm 15' up and I'm swaying all over the place; I hope I do not get blown out of this tree.

Comment

^^ yep. Feel like I'm on top shot. At least I'm not upside down.

Comment

Going to be out in the morning for sure got 4 of the 5 Thanksgiving get togethers out of the way last one is this afternoon good luck to everyone

Comment

I'll try to get out tomorrow. I'm on shift again today so tomorrow evening will be the next time I can make it.

Comment

Originally posted by Massey View Post
                              Just walked back to my stand and spooked 5 deer eating my corn. Kody, I'm 15' up and I'm swaying all over the place; I hope I do not get blown out of this tree.
                              Yea it's freaking me out pretty bad. And this is the first time I've used a climbing stand.

Comment

Originally posted by Kody The Great View Post
                                Yea it's freaking me out pretty bad. And this is the first time I've used a climbing stand.
                                Hey Kody, yeah that wind is kinda spooky being up a tree swaying side to side. Get something dude.

Comment

Working...
                                X