Lake Whitney/Lake Aquilla 2011-2012 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pickaspotandbreathe View Post
    I'm having a hard time finding a spot to setup my pop up, so that I am not breaking any rules on the brushing in part. When I do find a good spot to set it up, I am either lacking sign of deer, or 72 hours comes and goes pretty fast. And then I am back to square 1 on finding a new spot.
    It's a pain, I spent over an hour on Sunday preparing for my wife to hunt this weekend. I grabbed every dead limb I could find on the ground and made an L shaped wall to hide it behind. We should be close to invisible this weekend with all but one window closed.

Comment

I'm having a hard time finding a spot to setup my pop up, so that I am not breaking any rules on the brushing in part. When I do find a good spot to set it up, I am either lacking sign of deer, or 72 hours comes and goes pretty fast. And then I am back to square 1 on finding a new spot.
      Here's what I do to brush in my ground blind.

I take and gather up as much brush as I can and I take and tie everything together with some string to build a wall around me. Then I will gather more stuff and fill in any holes that I can. I ad to it every time I'm out there. I also like to find two trees that I can fit my blind in the middle of them. Then I will find some sticks that will reach from tree to tree and tie them to the tree. Then I will gather up as much brush that I can and ad to it. Some cheap string work wonders.

Comment

Originally posted by Massey View Post
        It's a pain, I spent over an hour on Sunday preparing for my wife to hunt this weekend. I grabbed every dead limb I could find on the ground and made an L shaped wall to hide it behind. We should be close to invisible this weekend with all but one window closed.
        Looks real good massey

Comment

Thank you Massey and Arrowdigger, I really appreciate the help. I will absolutley be doing that on my next time out. Thanks again, and Happy Thanksgiving!

Comment

One more question. Do you or have you had any encounters with either COE or game wardens regarding your setups?

Comment

One more question. Do you or have you had any encounters with either COE or game wardens regarding your setups?
              I have not, just don't cut anything down. It takes a little time to get it were you like it.

Comment

10-4 on the cutting. I use a blind gillie, limbs laying around, and this for ground blinds and tree stands. Got enough for a ground blind and tree stands in both colors, Using the green right now.

Camo-Flex

Looks kinda like I'm walking around with a tree on my back with my tree stand or ground blind .

With the Camo Flex, there is no question as to what your using. Unless someone mistaken's you at a distance for cutting limbs . But why would you cut them so you could carry them in ?

I do cut my own reeds or cane off private lands, and weave them through welded wire to make 4x4 sheets for the duck blind, and haul them in/out by boat. That is why I was asking in an earlier post if any body had any cane I could cut.
                Last edited by Texas Grown; 11-23-2011, 06:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
                  10-4 on the cutting. I use a blind gillie, limbs laying around, and this for ground blinds and tree stands. Got enough for a ground blind and tree stands in both colors, Using the green right now.

Camo-Flex

Looks kinda like I'm walking around with a tree on my back with my tree stand or ground blind .

With the Camo Flex, there is no question as to what your using. Unless someone mistaken's you at a distance for cutting limbs . But why would you cut them so you could carry them in ?

I do cut my own reeds or cane off private lands, and weave them through welded wire to make 4x4 sheets for the duck blind, and haul them in/out by boat. That is why I was asking in an earlier post if any body had any cane I could cut.
                  That's pretty cool stuff; it would go great with my tri-pod when there's not enough cover where I want to hunt. Where do you buy it? The dealers link is blank.

Comment

I get it straight from their web sight. You will need to registrar or create and account to buy it. Click here for different apps. Then click on the app you would like to see (deer). There will be a list of different branches, and accessories with prices. Their shipping service is supper fast. Cabela's also carries some of their products: The Squirrel's Nest. I got my limbs separate from the blocks and saved a few $. For a ground blind, you will need about 12 limbs to cover it well. The mounting blocks and limb blocks are not necessary for a ground blind. But are necessary for tree stands, and to add back ground cover in a tree.

The Oak color leaves are very dark. And the green leaves are about like you see on their web sight, green.
                    Last edited by Texas Grown; 11-23-2011, 07:35 PM.

Comment

I put on a 3d suit, find a shady tree, plop down on my stool and hunt. Works for me. Just gotta be real still. So if you have A.D.D, an itchy crotch, or stink then don't try it lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Stalker View Post
                        I put on a 3d suit, find a shady tree, plop down on my stool and hunt. Works for me. Just gotta be real still. So if you have A.D.D, an itchy crotch, or stink then don't try it lol.
                        You just described me pretty well. I could not be that still to save my life; I need my cover to have cover. If you could see me when mosquitoes are out, you would think I was dancing a jig in my tree stand.

Comment

That's funny. Mosquitoes suck.

Comment

Well I went out this evening but didnt see anything. I'm on shift at the fd tomorrow so can't go. I'll try to get out Friday evening for sure!

Comment

I sometimes have (paste&copy) A. D. D. (Adult Drinking Disorder) Had 4 Seagram's Coolers earlier. "Wild Berry" no less

Last edited by Texas Grown; 08-22-2012, 08:09 PM.

Comment

Back out at lake w at my spot. Lots of fog this morning it should of help keep the deer down last night. I've always had good luck when it is foggy I'm the mornings.

Comment

Working...
                                X