No announcement yet.

Lake Whitney/Lake Aquilla 2011-2012 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll be at the lease all day tomorrow!!!

FYI!!! The last year I hunted Lake W, this week is when the rut was in full swing!!! And I mean nose in rear! Bog boys out in the fields kind of heavy! If I didn't have a lease, this week would be the one week I'd be hunting Lake W as hard as I could!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mac... View Post

FYI!!! The last year I hunted Lake W, this week is when the rut was in full swing!!! And I mean nose in rear! Bog boys out in the fields kind of heavy! If I didn't have a lease, this week would be the one week I'd be hunting Lake W as hard as I could!!!
      Id love to be out all week. Im on shift most of the week but ill be hunting hard in the morning for sure!

Comment

Pics are kinda hard to see. But just above my 1st finger is an open slice and I can still see meat under it. Second pic shows scare tissue and the wound. There are two more just above it, like a Mercedes Benz emblem behind the elbow. That whole corner of skin was healing all together. My arrow exit is between my 2nd and third finger about 5-6" above my hand in the 1st pic, where the darker blood is.

Last edited by Texas Grown; 08-22-2012, 08:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mac... View Post

I sure hope your right. I'll let y'all know tomorrow how it goes. Got the week off except for family stuff fri and sat. Wish we could just tent camp out there lol.

Comment

Wish we could just tent camp out there lol.[/QUOTE]
            Me too, they let us up until the late 80s, then they stopped it; I guess people were leaving their trash.

Comment

Got skunked this evening, they're bedded down hard. Jumped one on the way in and another on the way out, nothing moving the whole evening. Good luck to ya'll going out tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by Massey View Post
                Me too, they let us up until the late 80s, then they stopped it; I guess people were leaving their trash.
                Yep! That's mostly the reason why they fenced and gated off all the hunting areas too. Some places were becoming dump sights. I still see dump piles and remember when those same dump piles weren't there.

Comment

Well I dunno nor can I say what happened to the bow bottom line is its gone and season is on hold, it would make me feel a ton better about things if I knew I lost it and it wasnt stolen. All I know for sure is that my brother told me today that he remembered shutting tailgate for sure so I have no idea. And all the 2012 pse evos are on backorder so I will have to hunt with a loaner till then .

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
                    Pics are kinda hard to see. But just above my 1st finger is an open slice and I can still see meat under it. Second pic shows scare tissue and the wound. There are two more just above it, like a Mercedes Benz emblem behind the elbow. That whole corner of skin was healing all together. My arrow exit is between my 2nd and third finger about 5-6" above my hand in the 1st pic, where the darker blood is.

[ATTACH]286786[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]286787[/ATTACH]
                    I can kinda see it. Low shot?

I am going to hunt all day on Wednesday and try to go all day Friday.

Comment

TO PM returned

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Stalker View Post
                        I sure hope your right. I'll let y'all know tomorrow how it goes. Got the week off except for family stuff fri and sat. Wish we could just tent camp out there lol.
                        Ive often thought of just staying in my tree all night after a hunt for the next morning hunt, but then I dont have that much faith in my safety harness.....
                        Although my pop up is quite roomy inside, I may have to think about this....

Comment

How was it this morning? I wanted to be out there soooo much, after the temp drop yesterday and the dense cloud cover all night, I would have thought they'd be all over the place this morning? Anybody see anything moving well? Have to watch the kids tomorrow, since school is out all week, but trying to coax the wife into letting me hunt thursday morning.....if ya'lll dont hear from me, that means she killed me for asking.....

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
                            Yep! That's mostly the reason why they fenced and gated off all the hunting areas too. Some places were becoming dump sights. I still see dump piles and remember when those same dump piles weren't there.

Thats no Joke...

The COE land behind Cedron has a been a dumping ground for years... When we were teenagers we actually used to load up the furniture out there and take it with us to the Dallas area dumps... I loved being back there and knew that was going to screw it up someday. Too little too late I guess. I miss having all that land with zero fences until you got to private land.

Comment

Lots of movement this early morning. Wind got cold and picked up and they bedded back down. I'm betting this evening is going to be really good.
                              Last edited by Texas Stalker; 11-22-2011, 10:56 AM.

Comment

Good luck TS! I am hoping to get out this afternoon.

Comment

Working...
                                X