2011 - 12 Granger WMA Postcard Hunt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Team me View Post
    70% rain it looks like on the weather channel desktop thing. Doesnt sound so good. Guess I should go back to sleep. Good luck to anyone that decides to go.
    Thats when you need to be out there....30 minutes after its done the deer will be moving all over the place. Id be out there if i could. Ill be out this afternoon. it will be nice to get some MRI (Most Recent Information) from the rain and new prints.

Comment

I tried to go but it was raining so hard at 5 am that I couldnt see to drive. Had to turn around and go back to bed. My friend went to another place that we have some ground blinds and said only a skunk has shown up so far.

Comment

Lone-wolf, where did u kill the deer in ur avatar?
        Shot on private land, purchased a few years back.

Comment

Heading out. Hope they are moving.

Comment

My friend went to another place that we have some ground blinds and said only a skunk has shown up so far.
            So, did he get skunked because no deer showed up or because an actual skunk did, lol?

Comment

Jumped 7 up this morning in the rain

Comment

Originally posted by paintman View Post
                Jumped 7 up this morning in the rain

Tommy the "Red" said he counted a bunch on the same point Nostradenis and your son 91 was on Thursday morning.

One of us gotta get one soon.

Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Bubba's bulletman View Post
                  Tommy the "Red" said he counted a bunch on the same point Nostradenis and your son 91 was on Thursday morning.

One of us gotta get one soon.

Good luck!
                  ya i was close to there

Comment

Saw good deer tonight. They moved alot earlier in the afternoon after the rain. Ill be out tomorrow night

Comment

Went out at 2 and sat forever it seemed like. 2 doe strolled in to 8 yards and then BOOM some water head with a shotgun again, ran them both off. Waited till he found some more crows to chase and another doe came in around sundown and was ran off by a coyote. Thing ran within 10 yards but didnt stand still long enough for me to get a shot off. Was a little coyote would have fit in my backpack.

Comment

went out yesterday, had deer around me but no shot, i left my corning bucket at the base of the tree and they were skiddish of coming in and gave me no shot. lesson learned.

Comment

Went out at 2 and sat forever it seemed like. 2 doe strolled in to 8 yards and then BOOM some water head with a shotgun again, ran them both off. Waited till he found some more crows to chase and another doe came in around sundown and was ran off by a coyote. Thing ran within 10 yards but didnt stand still long enough for me to get a shot off. Was a little coyote would have fit in my backpack.
                          I saw some young ones the other night. They all must have cycled pups around the same time.

Should be good tonight

Comment

Kinda leary about sitting in a tree for 5 hours again to have them scared off by a shot 45 minutes before dark. 50 miles for me and have them that close to be all for nothing. Only 13 days left in dove season and then maybe the deer will hang around.

Comment

Are y'all using hanging tree stands? I'm heading out this weekend and was planning to use a pop up ground blind but would prefer to be elevated.

Comment

Im just standing in one. Havent seen any this year yet. Did have a thieving problem last year so I think most are worried about that. Ground blind is good but will take a week or two for them to get used to it to get close enough.

Comment

Working...
                                X