Alazan WMA; Who's hunting it this year?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alazan WMA; Who's hunting it this year?

Just wanting to see how many tbh'ers will be out there this year? Did a little scouting two weeks ago and found a couple likely spots. Does anybody want to get out and do a little scouting one morning or evening in the next few weeks?

nobody hunting Alazan WMA this year?

Comment

I used to hunt on Alazan back when it was owned by International Paper with permission being that my old man was a Forest Tech for the company. Some of the best hunting in the Nacogdoches area at the time, this was back in the late 90's of course.

Comment

I plan on hunting it a couple of times this year.

Eagle

Comment

can you give me some information on Alazan wma I have been thinking about hunting the last few years Is there a decent deer herd on it

Comment

I have hunted it the last two years. Lots of doe, lots of pigs. I have been told that there are some nice bucks as well, but I have never been able to find them.

Eagle

Comment

where would i get the information thats needed to hunt alazan wma Also is it true no motorized vehicles are allowed

Comment

Here is the tpwd public lands booklet info on Alazan WMA. http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/huntwild...0_0112a_82.pdf
                There is a good population of deer on the land but they are well versed when it comes to hunting season. If you want PM me and I will meet you out there one morning sometime soon and I can show you around a little and we can do some scouting. Although I have not found many pigs there is apparently a large population of them out there too. Hope this helps. if you have any other specific questions just ask and I will see if I know the answer.
                Eagles 405
                Last edited by eagles405; 08-08-2011, 10:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by outback shooter View Post
                  where would i get the information thats needed to hunt alazan wma Also is it true no motorized vehicles are allowed
                  yes it is true, there is very limited motorized vehicles through the property, one road on the property goes to a parking lot about 1/3rd of the way to the middle and back of the property and it is not to bad of a walk from there.

Comment

pm sent

Comment

pm sent

Comment

If I am still allowed to crash at your place I plan on making at least one trip up there this year.

Comment

Looks like I'm gonna' give a shot as well. If the river comes up before season I'll prob hunt the new boat access only portion up the river. I've duck hunted there quite a bit but never deer hunted. I saw a few deer while duck hunting, but nothing to really get excited about.

If you want to go deep bring a bike.

br

Comment

Damian, whenever you want, I have a open couch or you can bring an air mattress.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X