Javi hunting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Javi hunting

I'm thinking about going Javi hunting in Jeff Davis county on public land. The book says no closed season but you can only shoot two per licensed year. Do you have to buy tags for them?

Ttt

Comment

No... At least I never have, and I've never seen anything saying that you have to. The books says just 2 per year, but there is no way for the state to really keep track of that I guess. But, I could be lying to you. I've never made it a point to actually hunt those stinking things. Always just ran across them.

Comment

Originally posted by bucksnducks View Post
        No... At least I never have, and I've never seen anything saying that you have to. The books says just 2 per year, but there is no way for the state to really keep track of that I guess. But, I could be lying to you. I've never made it a point to actually hunt those stinking things. Always just ran across them.
        Okay thanks for the info!
        TTT

Comment

NO, you don't tags. Good Luck.

Comment

You got all the info you need right there. No such thing as a Javie tag on a Tx license. You just gotta have the paper in your pocket and no more than 2 if you're stopped. Specific WMA's may have their own limits, so I'd check those more closely.

Comment

Originally posted by Txnrog View Post
              You got all the info you need right there. No such thing as a Javie tag on a Tx license. You just gotta have the paper in your pocket and no more than 2 if you're stopped. Specific WMA's may have their own limits, so I'd check those more closely.
              Okay thanks! I will make sure and check with TPWD in the places that I'll be hunting what are the restrictions if any

Comment

Did something change? I thought the only public hunting for javis was by drawing

Comment

That's got to be a heck of a hunting trip none the less. When do you plan on going?

Comment

Hopefully it's not by draw only.
                    I may be going here in the next couple if weeks

Comment

Javelina is by draw only on TPWD public hunting lands; no 'walk-in'/APH permit lands allow the hunting of javelina.

What public hunting lands are you referring to in Jeff Davis County?

Comment

Originally posted by ground level View Post
                        Javelina is by draw only on TPWD public hunting lands; no 'walk-in'/APH permit lands allow the hunting of javelina.

What public hunting lands are you referring to in Jeff Davis County?
                        I'm referring to just public lands around the Davis mountains

Comment

Yeah unless you know something we dont.( which is possible) the davis mnts is a drawn hunt. They may have changed it, but i was told there is no public land hunting for javelinas other than the drawn hunts.

Comment

Originally posted by fishdog View Post
                            Yeah unless you know something we dont.( which is possible) the davis mnts is a drawn hunt. They may have changed it, but i was told there is no public land hunting for javelinas other than the drawn hunts.
                            That is correct

Comment

Okay thanks for the info guys!

Comment

Working...
                              X