No announcement yet.

"Official" Sam Houston Natl. Forest 11/12

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I grew up where baiting is illegal so the forest is just my style. It also fun to see people's reactions change when I tell them the buck they are looking at came from the forest. Just a little more respect

Comment

Any way, good to hear from you scooter, wish you and your family a Merry Christmas. Btw, I have tried like heck to get on those hogs down in the creek we hunted. I have seen one this year with no shot. It looks like they have been running a tiller down there though. All at night I guess.

Comment

morning sit

Sat for 3/12 hrs this am - real cold!!!! - due to wind mostly - saw 6 does and 1 unidentifiable very lage bodied deer right @ sunup - have doe tag but haven't felt lie burning it yet - not sure if i could have drawn bow with fingers as frozen as they were - mostly trying to find a hot spot for wife to shoot 1st deer - looks like this could be it - great day in woods!

Comment

Heading up to the woods.

Comment

Good luck bk

Comment

Gdawg pm me your e mail if u would like to get together for a hunt or some scouting

Comment

Do I have this right - the SHNF is open to either sex hunting (no antlerless permit required) during the late muzzleloader season? That appears to be the rule, but I want to make sure I'm interpreting it correctly.

Comment

Went out for the first time ever today and saw 2 does and an armadillo but I couldn't shoot them because I don't have a doe permit.

Comment

Originally posted by Limbwalker View Post
                    Do I have this right - the SHNF is open to either sex hunting (no antlerless permit required) during the late muzzleloader season? That appears to be the rule, but I want to make sure I'm interpreting it correctly.
                    That is correct Limwalker you can shoot a doe or a spike buck only.If you already shot a buck you can only take a doe.

Comment

Originally posted by Buck-Chaser View Post
                      That is correct Limwalker you can shoot a doe or a spike buck only.If you already shot a buck you can only take a doe.

Correct, except it doesnt have to be a spike buck, can also be a buck with 13in. or greater inside spread.

Comment

This will be the 3rd season they have done away with the silly spike restriction. Where I hunt at least.

Comment

Originally posted by PineyWoodsBow View Post
                          Correct, except it doesnt have to be a spike buck, can also be a buck with 13in. or greater inside spread.
                          Correct but rememeber no more than one "1" buck all seasons combined.

Comment

Originally posted by Bad-Karma View Post
                            Any way, good to hear from you scooter, wish you and your family a Merry Christmas. Btw, I have tried like heck to get on those hogs down in the creek we hunted. I have seen one this year with no shot. It looks like they have been running a tiller down there though. All at night I guess.
                            Thanks brother! Merry Christmas to you and yours as well. I believe you about the tiller... that creek is a really neat area. It tore up last year too. You'll get em' eventually. I enjoyed watching your success again this year, enev though I wasn't able to hunt.

Comment

In the SHNF, are we still allowed to archery hunt during the muzzle loader season?

Comment

Originally posted by Busted by a doe View Post
                                In the SHNF, are we still allowed to archery hunt during the muzzle loader season?
                                No, you can only use muzzleloading firearms during muzzleloader season.

this is taken from the annual:

pg 55 "...Muzzleloader deer seasons are restricted to muzzleloading firearms ONLY."

Comment

Working...
                                X