No announcement yet.

"Official" Sam Houston Natl. Forest 11/12

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can see that. I like stickm's explanation above - some folks may not be able to afford a lease this year. Who knows. The proliferation of hunting shows on TV has created a lot of "one shot wonders" who venture out thinking they're the next M. Waddell or whoever. Then they probably realize that hunting the NF is REAL hunting, not like the guided hunt club hunts the guys on TV go on. ha, ha.

Out of curiosity, how many hunting spots that were "burned" this year were more than a mile away from the road?

John

Comment

Thanks for the help limbwalker. Something that I will definitely consider.

Comment

Ok, I am with Damian, subject change. How about the Texans. Could they be anymore snake bit?

Comment

Originally posted by Bad-Karma View Post
          Ok, I am with Damian, subject change. How about the Texans. Could they be anymore snake bit?
          LOL Agreed.

Third string rookie quarterback is all they have for the rest of the year right? How far do you think that takes them into the playoffs....

Comment

Originally posted by BuckSmasher View Post
            LOL Agreed.

Third string rookie quarterback is all they have for the rest of the year right? How far do you think that takes them into the playoffs....

I think it might take them as far as the opening kick off in the playoffs. But, I hope they play well.

Comment

Originally posted by Bad-Karma View Post
              I think it might take them as far as the opening kick off in the playoffs. But, I hope they play well.
              The real question is am I gonna stay home to watch football now that the rut is in high gear.... the answer is no!

If I were to, it would be to watch my beloved Baylor Bears and RG3 take on the respected Texas Longhorns this saturday.

However, I feel that sitting in a pine tree in the rain hoping for a big buck is more pleasurable than sitting on my couch watching my big screen tv......

What is wrong with us hunters?

Comment

Are you kidding me. Matt goes down and we have a by week. There is a slight chance he could come back, but nope, he is out for the season. I have almost zero confidence in Leinert, but he comes out strong and looks like he might actually do us some good and then he goes down with a broken collar bone. So we are down to our third string QB and there is no telling what he is going to do. I heard that our 4th string is Owen Daniels. We are in trouble. I really had high hopes for us this year.

Comment

Look at the bright side, still the #1 defense in the league! Don't count them out just yet.

Comment

Originally posted by huntinfool View Post
                    Are you kidding me. Matt goes down and we have a by week. There is a slight chance he could come back, but nope, he is out for the season. I have almost zero confidence in Leinert, but he comes out strong and looks like he might actually do us some good and then he goes down with a broken collar bone. So we are down to our third string QB and there is no telling what he is going to do. I heard that our 4th string is Owen Daniels. We are in trouble. I really had high hopes for us this year.
                    dude did you copy this off ESPN blog spot.

All you know is making fiberglass boats look brand new. A true master of his trade.

Now back to the SHNF crazy thread............J/K

Manwitaplan

Comment

Originally posted by manwitaplan View Post
                      dude did you copy this off ESPN blog spot.

All you know is making fiberglass boats look brand new. A true master of his trade.

Now back to the SHNF crazy thread............J/K

Manwitaplan
                      What is ESPN?

Do you need some fiberglass on your boat?

Hey, are you hunting this weekend? I can not remember.

Comment

Bike Rack

Something to consider if you have a bike is one of those racks that mounts off the seat post and sticks out behind the seat. I use it to mount my tree stand and backpack on. Then I have the little flexible "atv" handlebar gun mounts to put my rifle or bow in. Then you can just ride your bike the way you normally would. A good headlamp or bike headlight is helpful too.

John[/QUOTE]

Do you have a pic of your setup that you'll post on the GS?

(Sorry if you did already and I missed it)

Comment

I'll try to get something posted up.

Hey Huntinfool, I just figured out who you are...

How'd you enjoy those traditional archery videos I dropped off with you and your dad?

John

Comment

This is my SHNF deer huntn rig
                            Attached Files

Comment

Stickm... man looks like you are hunting in some really thick stuff out there!! j/k but I don't blame you, seems like you can't be too carefull anymore!

Comment

Originally posted by Limbwalker View Post
                                I'll try to get something posted up.

Hey Huntinfool, I just figured out who you are...

How'd you enjoy those traditional archery videos I dropped off with you and your dad?

John
                                WOW! That is you? John, those video's were awesome. As a matter of fact, Richard was out of town in Illinois, and I got to watch bits and pieces of another one. Heck, if I had known that was you, I would have made a better effort to get together and do some hunting.
                                How is your boat doing? Hope all is well out there, we need to get together sometime and chew the fat or do a hunt.

Comment

Working...
                                X