No announcement yet.

Fort Hood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ALL I GOT TO SAY IS "WOW" that is one big spike on the Left go get him Matt, well if you are working this week Matt I can sit in the stand for ya, I got nothing to do in the mornings for the next week.

Was gonna head out tonight to the blind but got some folks coming over, will head out in the AM and seeing how it is a 70% chance of rain it sure will be in the Ground Blind.

Had the back neighbor hunt this past weekend, good guy's and both are bow hunting so I appreciate that. See what happens tomorrow.
    Last edited by BirdRanger; 11-07-2011, 03:41 PM.

Comment

Did they ever end up scoring the 19 point that was brought in yesterday?

Comment

Originally posted by txyz View Post
        Not sure but will find out and post the the score

Comment

Originally posted by BirdRanger View Post
          ALL I GOT TO SAY IS "WOW" that is one big spike on the Left go get him Matt, well if you are working this week Matt I can sit in the stand for ya, I got nothing to do in the mornings for the next week.

Was gonna head out tonight to the blind but got some folks coming over, will head out in the AM and seeing how it is a 70% chance of rain it sure will be in the Ground Blind.

Had the back neighbor hunt this past weekend, good guy's and both are bow hunting so I appreciate that. See what happens tomorrow.
          Get with them if ya like to predator hunt as well

Comment

I hear that, the son from talking to him sounds like a predator hunting junkie.

19 PT holy batman thats alot to bone for fort Hood, must be a honey hole buck like Matt has all over Fort Hood.

Going to VA today and find out where the rest of my dollars are they owe me 4 months pay, gonna be a good day I tell ya.

Comment

What area did it come out of?

Comment

Gun or archery?

Comment

Jeff shot it gross 161.....net 151

Comment

Originally posted by thebomb6_99 View Post
                    Ok can someone help me set up a stand I will let them have the feeder and stand at the end?
                    Just so you don't think you're being ignored, I suspect everybody's busy with their hunting about now. And it is a bit late to get started.

If it was me, I'd get with one of the guides and sign up for a hunt in his area. I may be speaking out of school there, but that's what I'd do. I'm lying, that's not what I'd do. What I'd do is give up, kick back, listen to some music, and drink a lot of beer. But, I'm old and shot enough deer to keep me happy.

Whatever you decide, good luck in it.

Comment

Originally posted by fthoodhoghunter View Post
                      Jeff shot it gross 161.....net 151

That's right..Spell told me on Sunday..one of the live fire areas wasn't it?...he guides in?

Comment

Originally posted by thebomb6_99 View Post
                        Ok can someone help me set up a stand I will let them have the feeder and stand at the end?
                        Come on up to PA..I'll set ya up

Comment

Originally posted by jbitt4x4 View Post
                          Come on up to PA..I'll set ya up
                          I'd just let him use one of mine, but they are all in the SE and closed for deer. Well, I do have one in 115, but that area is shot out before I ever get to use the stand. Haven't used it in two years.

Comment

EdO with a bit of oil on my wet stone and a crash course from one of the navys finest I got a good sharp knife that is only getting sharper by the day, by this weekend I will be carrying it around.

That is a big old deer for Fort Hood for sure.

The Bomb someone here will help ya out I am sure of it, but alot of the areas on Hood are already shot out and like EdO was saying on the East side all ya can do is Pig Hunt.

Comment

Originally posted by jbitt4x4 View Post
                              That's right..Spell told me on Sunday..one of the live fire areas wasn't it?...he guides in?

Comment

Originally posted by BirdRanger View Post
                                EdO with a bit of oil on my wet stone and a crash course from one of the navys finest I got a good sharp knife that is only getting sharper by the day, by this weekend I will be carrying it around.

That is a big old deer for Fort Hood for sure.

The Bomb someone here will help ya out I am sure of it, but alot of the areas on Hood are already shot out and like EdO was saying on the East side all ya can do is Pig Hunt.
                                I really like that knife. It's old school. Knife perfection if you ask me. I love it. It's a real family heirloom. Use it, but don't lose it.

Took the live in Chinese chef/maid/housekeeper to the liquor store to see if we could find some Kaoliung (uses it for making pork sausage links) The Chinese call it wine, but the stuff she buys is 180 proof, hardly wine, methinks. They didn't have any, but she bought me a fifth of JD Single Barrel. I'm fixin to sample a bit right smart like. You would think a properly trained servant would have bought two. Oh well, just gonna have to live with what I got. Got about an inch of the 180 stuff left, then I guess it's a trip to Houston airport (tax free store there has it).

A friend of mine in OK made this one to my specs. Very much like the one you have. I took a pic with my cell phone. It's as it is. Will never use this one, it's the second to the last knife he ever made (I have the last also).
                                Attached Files
                                Last edited by EdO; 11-08-2011, 07:52 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X