Fort Hood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Blue Eagle2 View Post
    I checked the area acces update ,and that was for last week when will this weekend come out ?

Dave it was out last night

I made a Mistake I am open so i am good.
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Walkin STX Hank View Post
      Dave it was out last night

I made a Mistake I am open so i am good.
      Thanks

Comment

Is there a list of what areas are shot out posted at the SC?

Comment

Originally posted by Regalrod View Post
          Is there a list of what areas are shot out posted at the SC?
          You have to call 254-532-9425

Comment

almost homes?

Inston almost home. Been a long 3 days travel.

Comment

Originally posted by BirdRanger View Post

Comment

Originally posted by Blue Eagle2 View Post
                You have to call 254-532-9425
                Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by BirdRanger View Post
                  Originally posted by BowTechGuardian View Post

Comment

Ok guys here is the big question. My son and I are considering coming up and getting our permits. First we are new at bow hunting and new to the area. We are looking for someone to more or less take us under there wing, no honey spots or anything like that just show us where to camp and more or less point us where to go for a good chance to get something.

Comment

Originally posted by trouttracker View Post
                      Ok guys here is the big question. My son and I are considering coming up and getting our permits. First we are new at bow hunting and new to the area. We are looking for someone to more or less take us under there wing, no honey spots or anything like that just show us where to camp and more or less point us where to go for a good chance to get something.
                      1st Are you military if so Camping would be best at BLORA which stands for Belton Lake Outdoor Rec Area. It is on post out by the lake the cheapiest place to stay if you have a camper. They use to allow camping at the sportsman center but they has stop years ago.
                      2nd get to know Fort hood Regs they are a little different than state and can catch you. http://forthoodhunting.com/ You can find everything you need on this link.
                      3rd When you come to get your permits talk to Matt, Phill, Scott, or Dave, all of them are bow hunters and Phill and Scott are guides for rifle areas so they can point you in the right direction.
                      4th I wish I had the time, oh I forgot I am unemployed now all I have is time. I have been guiding since 2004 and been on Hood since 1984 so I will try to answer any of your questions if not point you in the right direction.

John

Comment

John thanks for the info. We are not military But would be looking for some where to camp. I plan on printing the Regs. and read very carefully. The more I read these post the more I think I might want to hunt here all year.

Comment

TT unfortunatly to stay at BLORA you have to have a military ID. I am not sure where the close cilvian place is to camp but I thank there is a place down 439 which is right out the east gate. Once you get to the front gate of the post go to the vistor center on the right and get a vistors pass so you can go to the sportsman center. While at the vistor center you can register you weapons there. (dont take them in). Go to the sportsman center and purchase all of your permits you will need a hunter safety course. While you are there ask them for a permit to get in the gate and they will hook you up so you won't have to go through the vistor center each time.
                          Hope this helps

Comment

Is anyone on here hunting area 41 today or tomorrow?

Comment

My evening view:-)

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk
                              Attached Files

Comment

7 yards broadside...too young...

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X