Fort Hood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fthoodhoghunter View Post

Came in at 16:15 heart shot even Stevie Wonder could have followed that blood trail
    Congrats Matt

Comment

Congrats Matt, meat in the freezer.

Comment

That's right John I forgot about that, just checked several areas shot out already. Going to try again today. Good luck all!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Good luck all on day 2, sure hope the quotas don't get closed out to fast for sure, won't leave anything for the gun hunters.

Comment

Areas 8N,70 are shot out area 303 is doe only already dang,at least someone is connecting. ZGood luck everybody.

Comment

303 is a good area for sure, I had a nice spot there last year but had a better spot in 302, gave that to a feller here on the hood page. LOL all is good and let the arrows fly true, be back soon.

Comment

Originally posted by BirdRanger View Post
                Good luck all on day 2, sure hope the quotas don't get closed out to fast for sure, won't leave anything for the gun hunters.
                Kevin the archery quota is pulled from the general season quota. They started to do that so the areas would not get shot out in archery and still have a quota for gun.

Comment

Yeah I know John but it should all be wrapped into one quota not rifle and bow, what if you don;t gun hunt but have a approved stand in a rifle area?? I will be back Friday 1530 and hunting Saturday Morning if my plan goes well, and so far it has, I just cant wait to get to Kampala, cause I know 2 hours later I will be on a long plane ride home, thank god for ambien LOL and a few cold ones.

Comment

Came in at 16:15 heart shot even Stevie Wonder could have followed that blood trail
                    Originally posted by popparoach View Post
                    Areas 8N,70 are shot out area 303 is doe only already dang,at least someone is connecting. ZGood luck everybody.
                    Congrats on the deer Matt. Looks like 8N is closed. I saw 3 in there yesterday but no shooters. Game wardens was checking every vehicle coming out of Taylor Valley Road last night. First time I have ever seen that. Checking the inside of the truck as well as under the tonneau covers in the back. Most people were getting cleared but 1 guy got pulled over. I didn't stick around to find out what his deal was. Good luck to everyone today. I'll be out this afternoon.

Comment

Congrats mat. On the doe. I'm still inthe stand been here all day it's getting warm. I saw 6 this morning was getting ready to shoot and he busted me he was a tall 8 pt. Oh well mabe tonight.
                      Good luck to all
                      FLIP

Comment

Well no does left in 302 My daughter Sadie shot a good one this morning about 07:00.Shot her at 5 steps from the blind Way to go Sadie on your first whitetail Daddy is proud

Comment

Congrat's to the young lady. That's good stuff right there.

Thought about the Texas big game awards program ?

Comment

Originally posted by Buckshot-73 View Post
                            Congrat's to the young lady. That's good stuff right there.

Thought about the Texas big game awards program ?
                            Thanks for reminding me about that

Comment

Congrats Matt and Sadie great first deer for sure. I think I know that area Matt, looks very familiar LOL now time for the big boys up in that area.

I got 48 hours to be on a plane then a two day flight back home, gonna be great to be in Texas and with family.

Comment

Congrats..no passs thru?

Comment

Working...
                                X