No announcement yet.

Fort Hood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got in , walked into a large group of hogs that stayed in the woods grunting and never ran off. Of course feeder did not go off. I have a remote and that worked fine. Nothing yet. Nice morning though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

John, I am in 20. Nothing but hogs and squirrels this morning.

Comment

Originally posted by alec73065 View Post
        John, I am in 20. Nothing but hogs and squirrels this morning.

Good Luck

Ben wrecked his car so he is using my truck this morning to go and take his SAT's Since I can't go hunting I am at home working on his car. I was going to go and work on that feeder but kinda hard to do without a truck.

Comment

Quotas are still not posted. Verry frustrating. I would hate to see some one get a fine for shooting some thing they are not suposed to.
          I don't think they should fine some one for shooting the wrong sex.
          If it's posted where?

Comment

Don't know about other areas, but probably much the same ....
            22, 23 and 115 are 2 bucks (13" or better, or a spike) and no does. Word was passed to me verbally, so for what it's worth.

Spent the morning sitting in a bush. Saw a couple tweety birds, a couple cardinals, a crow, some cattle, three game wardens and four does. Saw the game wardens on the way out. They were off the road about a 100 yards having a convention. Found out later that Donnie M. got a good sized buck and they were helping him gut it.

Comment

Sounds like a great morning for all so far, especially Donnie M good for him laying one down and game wardens helping gut now that is a good thing on Hood..

Hank sorry to hear about the boys car, hope all is OK and his SATs go well.

If ya can't kill a deer kill some hogs, need some LDPs here in Africa.

Comment

Originally posted by BirdRanger View Post
                Sounds like a great morning for all so far, especially Donnie M good for him laying one down and game wardens helping gut now that is a good thing on Hood..

Hank sorry to hear about the boys car, hope all is OK and his SATs go well.

If ya can't kill a deer kill some hogs, need some LDPs here in Africa.
                Game wardens helping a game warden.

Comment

Originally posted by flipajig View Post
                  Quotas are still not posted. Verry frustrating. I would hate to see some one get a fine for shooting some thing they are not suposed to.
                  I don't think they should fine some one for shooting the wrong sex.
                  If it's posted where?
                  yes they are posted been out since 2 yesterday

Comment

hear is the laydown buck only except N fort hood west fort hood 1 buck per area,40s 50s and 60s region 2 bucks N east region 2 bucks ....all the numbers im putting up are per area.....301 302 303 304 1buck 2doe per area they have the qouata sheet at the club stop in and pic one up....happy hunting

Comment

Originally posted by fthoodhoghunter View Post
                      hear is the laydown buck only except N fort hood west fort hood 1 buck per area,40s 50s and 60s region 2 bucks N east region 2 bucks ....all the numbers im putting up are per area.....301 302 303 304 1buck 2doe per area they have the qouata sheet at the club stop in and pic one up....happy hunting
                      Matt can you get it and scan it in.

Comment

Only 2 bucks per area? Wasn't it 6 last year?

Comment

Well did anyone make it happen today. I'm going in the morning.

Comment

Originally posted by flipajig View Post
                            Well did anyone make it happen today. I'm going in the morning.
                            Shot a do north fort this afternoon will post pic soon

Comment

Ldp

Came in at 16:15 heart shot even Stevie Wonder could have followed that blood trail

Comment

Originally posted by alec73065 View Post
                                Only 2 bucks per area? Wasn't it 6 last year?

Robert Last year it was just 2 for archery then it went up as soon as the general season opened.

Comment

Working...
                                X