Fort Hood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EdO View Post
    John, How'd the walk go? Hope you had a good turnout.

Tim, Need your snail mail address. Also, info on where/how to get a BGE. There's one in my future, hoping for a local source, or somebody that will ship one to my door. I'll do the I35 thing, but only under extreme protest.

To whom it may concern, If you run on one of my sets, I have no problem with you using it as long as I'm not sitting in it. BUT, if you choose to wreck the stuff and/or steal it and replace it with yours, I'll do my utmost best to insure that you will never shoot a deer off that locattion. It will be well seeded with deer repellent. I've had two sets in different areas messed up already. I only put one per area in three different areas so you've alread got two of them. Get off your butt and do your own scouting!!!!! How hard can it be???

To the 105 thief, I know who you are. Knowing and proving are two different things, but keep it up and sooner or later I'll get the proof. I got nothing to do but sneak around the woods. Well, fish and drink beer with my old pound dog.

It's a fine Texas night, think I'll go sit in a tree and shoot a pig for the smoker in the morning. Then again, me and the old pound dog may just sit in the back yard and drink beer together. He's a dog after my own heart, loves his Lone Star.

I took the forum down due to lack of interest. May put something back up, but need to figure out what the theme would be. Good to know that I haven't forgotten how. The software had changed a lot, but the technical stuff is pretty much the same, even after almost 30 years.

Have a good one. I'm off to the tree or the back yard, one.

Drink a Lonestar for me Ed...can't get it here...it's a nice 42 degrees here...fall is a coming

Comment

Originally posted by EdO View Post
      John, How'd the walk go? Hope you had a good turnout.

Tim, Need your snail mail address. Also, info on where/how to get a BGE. There's one in my future, hoping for a local source, or somebody that will ship one to my door. I'll do the I35 thing, but only under extreme protest.

To whom it may concern, If you run on one of my sets, I have no problem with you using it as long as I'm not sitting in it. BUT, if you choose to wreck the stuff and/or steal it and replace it with yours, I'll do my utmost best to insure that you will never shoot a deer off that locattion. It will be well seeded with deer repellent. I've had two sets in different areas messed up already. I only put one per area in three different areas so you've alread got two of them. Get off your butt and do your own scouting!!!!! How hard can it be???

To the 105 thief, I know who you are. Knowing and proving are two different things, but keep it up and sooner or later I'll get the proof. I got nothing to do but sneak around the woods. Well, fish and drink beer with my old pound dog.

It's a fine Texas night, think I'll go sit in a tree and shoot a pig for the smoker in the morning. Then again, me and the old pound dog may just sit in the back yard and drink beer together. He's a dog after my own heart, loves his Lone Star.

I took the forum down due to lack of interest. May put something back up, but need to figure out what the theme would be. Good to know that I haven't forgotten how. The software had changed a lot, but the technical stuff is pretty much the same, even after almost 30 years.

Have a good one. I'm off to the tree or the back yard, one.

Ed Thanks and the walk was a great success. I have add over 300 photos to my FB page Heart of Texas Multiple Sclerosis Support Group You can find by the search or this link http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.256696794374118.58728.240295656014232&saved #!/pages/Heart-of-Texas-Multiple-Sclerosis-Support-Group/240295656014232. I will not know the total from the walk until Tuesday or Wednesday but we were close to 23,000 at the start of the walk and last year we made 5-6k at the walk. I hope the total comes close to 26-27k. I cannot start to thank all of our sponsors we had so much food and spent at least an hour giving out all of the door prizes.

Comment

Good morning all! Looks like we have another week or so of summer before we get into "decent" temperatures.

Comment

Originally posted by ballisticbudda View Post
          Good morning all! Looks like we have another week or so of summer before we get into "decent" temperatures.

Ha ha ha ha ha ha is it ever going to cool off!

Comment

Hope y'all get to cooling down soon Tim...it's been in the 60's here the last 2 weeks...getting me in the mood for the opener in 11 days..and bear season in November

Comment

Have you ever hunted Greenbriar? I have an opportunity at a lease there for $300 a year...which includes Family and year round access to both hunting and fishing. PM me if ya want.

Comment

Kind of hard to get excited about hunting when it is in the 90's or 100's. this is the first year in a long time when I have not been coutning down the days for several months. That and not knowing if your area is going to be open and you get to enjoy the hours and hours that have been put in trying to bring deer to your area. Oh well , I guess I could get a real lease if I wan't so cheap

Comment

Originally posted by alec73065 View Post
                  Kind of hard to get excited about hunting when it is in the 90's or 100's. this is the first year in a long time when I have not been coutning down the days for several months. That and not knowing if your area is going to be open and you get to enjoy the hours and hours that have been put in trying to bring deer to your area. Oh well , I guess I could get a real lease if I wan't so cheap
                  That's one thing I don't miss Robert...we have 110 acres of mountainside that backs up to one of the State Gamelands....have seen some nice deer here lately. Put my game camera out on Samantha's set-up yesterday...hoping to share some pics soon. We are covered in plenty of doe. I'm hoping to also score a bear this year with my bow

Comment

Originally posted by jbitt4x4 View Post
                    That's one thing I don't miss Robert...we have 110 acres of mountainside that backs up to one of the State Gamelands....have seen some nice deer here lately. Put my game camera out on Samantha's set-up yesterday...hoping to share some pics soon. We are covered in plenty of doe. I'm hoping to also score a bear this year with my bow
                    I do miss the cool weather in MN , but I do not miss the subzero days of the other 9 months. I bear hunted for 5 years in MN , never got to kill one but I saw a ton of them. People do not realize how smart they are. I had bait sites that were getting hit comstantly but the big bears would lay out several hundred yards from them and watch their food source. If they saw you get into stand they would go nocturnal. Good Luck , PA has a ton of bear if I remember correctly.

Comment

I also miss having several large farms to hunt on within a 10 min 4-wheeler ride. 99 out of 100 farmers will let you hunt up there and the 100'th guy was probably not home I would drive up to Northen Mn (Edo's home territory) and ask a farmer to hunt and it never was a problem. I have had farmers I had never met let us set up a camper on their property, offer us lunch and dinner. take us into town for breakfast and just generally be open to letting people on their property. One old guy put the paper on the camper step every morning for the week I was on his property. I usually tried to help out around the farm for a day as repayment , because they would never take a dime if you offered. No leases up there

Comment

Originally posted by alec73065 View Post
                        I do miss the cool weather in MN , but I do not miss the subzero days of the other 9 months. I bear hunted for 5 years in MN , never got to kill one but I saw a ton of them. People do not realize how smart they are. I had bait sites that were getting hit comstantly but the big bears would lay out several hundred yards from them and watch their food source. If they saw you get into stand they would go nocturnal. Good Luck , PA has a ton of bear if I remember correctly.
                        yes..they do..however you can't bait...will be a challenge for sure but I have a buddy that's gonna get me on one. Where at in MN...my father in law is from there..

Comment

Originally posted by jbitt4x4 View Post
                          yes..they do..however you can't bait...will be a challenge for sure but I have a buddy that's gonna get me on one. Where at in MN...my father in law is from there..
                          I lived in Alexandria(2 hours NW of Minneapolis) for 4 years and Becker (45 min NW of Minneapolis) for 16 years. That will be tough if you can't bait. Bears just roam wherever the food is. if you can find a good berry patch or some apples you will be good to go I miss my house in MN , we lived in the country on 5 acres and I hunted on every farm within 20 miles. I could hop on the 4 wheeler and be in a stand in 15 minutes. I had 2 cubs in a tree by me the last year I bear hunted there just outside of Warroad. I watched those cubs for about 6 hours before mama came back to get them. Almost ran into a large boar outside of Bemidji MN one year on a 4 wheeler. came racing down the trail with my kids on other 4 wheelers behind me , rounded a curve and he was in the middle of the trail. Came within about 2 feet of plowing right into him.

Comment

Another thing I learned about Bears is they really like standing corn, I had a farmer let me hunt up by Warroad and the bears were laying down the corn like nobodies business. I set up in the middle of the field by an old house foundation and you could see the corn moving out in the distance as they plowed it down while eating.

Comment

A lot of the farmers in WV are getting money for crop damages caused by deer and bears. The bears do the most damage. The farmers are making out like bandits, getting more money then what their crop is worth, so they won't let anyone hunt the bears.

James and gang, have fun chasing the bears. I've got a couple in WV, but I need them to clean up the remains after deer season.

Comment

Hi everyone, I've never hunted Fort Hood so I wanted to ask if anyone had any tips or advise to hunting here. Also I've heard of a lot of snakes being out there is this true?

Comment

Working...
                                X