Fort Hood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Walkin STX Hank View Post
    I did not know we had any horse on hood and 2nd that looks like a deer to me not a horse lol
    John , John , John , That is cause you live in the city

Comment

Robert I think I am just going a little crazy knowing I only have 5 more days of work and then it is the unemployment line. I am so tired of searching the clasifieds.

Comment

Originally posted by Walkin STX Hank View Post
        Robert I think I am just going a little crazy knowing I only have 5 more days of work and then it is the unemployment line. I am so tired of searching the clasifieds.
        I am keeping my ear to the ground for something for you. I am sorry you have to go through that. I agree the search gets really old , very quickly.

Comment

looks like he will have a good season Robert

Originally posted by alec73065 View Post
          So my Day labor/Helper Blue Eagle did not get to hunt last year due to a shoulder injury . He had helped me set up a couple of spots last year and one spot this year. He has helped me through 100 + degree days and almost heat stroke last year and tremendous pain in his shoulder. I talked him into taking one spot he had helped me set up last year for this years bow season. He has been worried all year that it was not a good spot but agreed to go ahead and put his Tripod there anyway and hunt it. To calm him down I put one of my spare game cameras there several weeks ago and pulled the card last week to see what was coming in. I want this spot back now but being the good friend I am I will let him hunt it I count at least 8 different bucks coming in , 1 pig , a bunch of does and raccoons. We were going through the pics the other day at work on our "Break Time" of course and one deer that I thought was a Doe at first , when I zoomed in on it was a Huge buck. The left antler is at least 4" outside the spread of the ears and has great mass. You are welcome Dave , hope you have a great season my friend. Thank you for all of your help . It will be the deer to the left in the first and last pic in this set and you have to zoom in to really see it. Robert

[ATTACH]267839[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]267840[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]267841[/ATTACH]

Oh yeah can you see the raccon sprawled under the tree in this pic ?

[ATTACH]267842[/ATTACH]

Comment

The Buck in the photo look good but i will let walk next year it will be time for a dirt-nap.

Comment

Originally posted by griffbowhunter View Post
              The Buck in the photo look good but i will let walk next year it will be time for a dirt-nap.
              griff save the bottom photo to your hard drive , open the picture and zoom in on the buck on the left . I think this one is number one on the hit list.

Comment

Originally posted by jbitt4x4 View Post
                looks like he will have a good season Robert
                I might have to have him work opening weekend and maybe sit this stand before you reply dave I wouldn't do this to you

Comment

LOL...I know you wouldn't do that

Originally posted by alec73065 View Post
                  I might have to have him work opening weekend and maybe sit this stand before you reply dave I wouldn't do this to you

Comment

Access Roster Posting

Is it just me or does anyone else get upset because the area access roster is always posted late. I do not live at the SC so I rely on the updates to see what is open to make plans. How hard is it to scan and post on website>>>>>

Comment

Originally posted by popparoach View Post
                      Is it just me or does anyone else get upset because the area access roster is always posted late. I do not live at the SC so I rely on the updates to see what is open to make plans. How hard is it to scan and post on website>>>>>
                      The sportsmans center does not run the website.It is privately owned

Comment

Originally posted by fthoodhoghunter View Post
                        The sportsmans center does not run the website.It is privately owned
                        Yeah been hearin that crap since it was incepted years ago. But the official mwr website is owned by FT. Hood and I was hoping it would get better I posted the previous post before it was updated just after I posted So we shall see how that one is kept up over time

Comment

Yeah been hearin that crap since it was incepted years ago. But the official mwr website is owned by FT. Hood and I was hoping it would get better I posted the previous post before it was updated just after I posted So we shall see how that one is kept up over time

Comment

I was going to say that this site http://www.hoodmwr.com/sportsmenscenter.htm is usually pretty good at being up to date. Just click on the area acces update and then down load it to your desk top ad open it in excel. works 90% of the time.

Comment

John, How'd the walk go? Hope you had a good turnout.

Tim, Need your snail mail address. Also, info on where/how to get a BGE. There's one in my future, hoping for a local source, or somebody that will ship one to my door. I'll do the I35 thing, but only under extreme protest.

To whom it may concern, If you run on one of my sets, I have no problem with you using it as long as I'm not sitting in it. BUT, if you choose to wreck the stuff and/or steal it and replace it with yours, I'll do my utmost best to insure that you will never shoot a deer off that locattion. It will be well seeded with deer repellent. I've had two sets in different areas messed up already. I only put one per area in three different areas so you've alread got two of them. Get off your butt and do your own scouting!!!!! How hard can it be???

To the 105 thief, I know who you are. Knowing and proving are two different things, but keep it up and sooner or later I'll get the proof. I got nothing to do but sneak around the woods. Well, fish and drink beer with my old pound dog.

It's a fine Texas night, think I'll go sit in a tree and shoot a pig for the smoker in the morning. Then again, me and the old pound dog may just sit in the back yard and drink beer together. He's a dog after my own heart, loves his Lone Star.

I took the forum down due to lack of interest. May put something back up, but need to figure out what the theme would be. Good to know that I haven't forgotten how. The software had changed a lot, but the technical stuff is pretty much the same, even after almost 30 years.

Have a good one. I'm off to the tree or the back yard, one.
                              Last edited by EdO; 09-17-2011, 05:15 PM.

Comment

Well said EdO,your a better man than me. Been hunting Hood for 21 years strait now and have nothing good to say about a stand squatter.If I know you and you ask and I say OK thats one thing but if not, like you said show a little intestinal fortitude and do your own scouting.....HOW HARD CAN IT BE?.... Real hard for a lazy immoral discourteous hunter. But since these people have no values in the first place I doubt this rant will do any good.

Comment

Working...
                                X