Fort Hood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jakesfish View Post
    heya Fthoodhoghunter, and jbitt4x4, good luk this year, miss hunting w/ you guys..
    Thanks Jake

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Jakesfish View Post
      heya Fthoodhoghunter, and jbitt4x4, good luk this year, miss hunting w/ you guys..
      Thanks Jake, same to you brother!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Comment

Man, nobody hunting Hood this year or what? I'm ready to go got my new Elite energy32 waiting for me to get her dialed in and the woods have been calling my name since I left. 3 weeks to go and ill be sitting in a stand, or at least doing some scouting

Comment

I will be out there with high hopes

Comment

I'll be out there too.

Comment

Anyone gonna be out there tomorrow?

Comment

Well I guess I'll post some trail cam pics since no one else is. Got some good ones coming in. Can't wait to get back to Hood and do some hunting!!

Comment

Fort Hood bucks

Here are a few of the bucks I have on cam so far. Hope to see a lot more when I get back!
                  Attached Files

Comment

Fort Hood bucks

A few more..
                    Attached Files

Comment

Great cam pics! I'm recently retired military and how easy is it to go hunting at Ft Hood ?i live in Austin trying to see is it worth it out there in the hood area to take the drive. What kind of game is available out there besides deer? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Great pics did you get a chance to hunt them? Going in the morning for my first hood hunt of the year.

Comment

No I'm am in Korea right now. Have my buddy checking my cams and running my feeders for me. Was hoping to be back for the cold front coming through this weekend but just got told I cant fly out because the incoming unit didn't match our manifest and I don't have a replacement..... Guess ill try again in a few weeks. FML

Comment

Anyone had any luck yet this year? I've been out one time for 3 hrs and took a shot at a giant 12pt. Hit him high and he wasn't dead when I started to look. I backed out and came back the next day. No sign besides two different beds with a small pool of blood in each. Had a lacy dog come out and spent 4 hrs doing circles with no more sign. Sick to my stomach still and haven't thought of going back out yet. Hitting the range again today hopefully will be ready for the weekend.

Comment

Got lots of good bucks on cams. All at night. Been a frustrating year with all the TAs being closed and the ridiculously low quota numbers. So far my buddy has killed a doe, and I've yet to fling an arrow.

Sounds like your monster 12 might have actually lived. But man, that's heartbreaking for sure.

Comment

Hey guys, new to Fort Hood hunting. I am thinking about getting out there but have seen some mixed reviews. I prefer to hunt from the ground or spot and stalk. Is it the kind of land that allows for that kinda thing? How pressured is it?

Comment

Working...
                                X