No announcement yet.

Fort Hood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ah yea I have seen him a few times this summer hope he keeps up his routine...

Comment

Good Luck

Comment

Some nice bucks Yall are seein. Good luck guys

Comment

Good luck to everybody going out for season opener

Comment

You too

Comment

Good luck everyone I'll be on my way to ntc while y'all are in the stand.... Someone Put a good one down for me!

Comment

FT Hood Outdoor Adventures's photo

land for 2 Oct to 8 Oct 2015

Reminder: The phone lines will open up at 6pm on Friday October 2 2015 for making reservation for Saturdays opening day of Archery season. You can make reservation for Sunday midnight on Friday. BIG REMINDER YOU CAN ONLY HAVE 1* RESERVATION AT A TIME. If you have multiple reservation it will result in a 7 day suspension.
                Attached Files

Comment

I'll be getting a late start this year! Lost my lease last min so I will be hunting hood for about 3 weeks. Did a little scouting today and was wondering what's the best way to set up small openings or staying in the thick stuff?

Comment

Almost forgot its training season. The during week is awful. Good luck all ill be sitting on the beach. But come nov ill be up there sitting in a stand.

Comment

Matthewchris, I don't envy you brotha. Lol I hate that place. I probably won't be getting any deer but I can throw back some cold ones for ya while you're out there.

Comment

A fellow Ft Hood hunter asked me how is the quickest way to get the Area Access. The fastest way to get the Area Access is if you have Facebook. Like the FT Hood Outdoor Adventures page. They keep this page updated. If you do not have facebook, the 2d fastest way is to just call the Sportsman Center.

Comment

I went to corn my spots yesterday after work and a lot more people are out there.

Be careful. Last year, I had been corning a spot since July and never seen anyone. Then, opening morning, I heard 2 feeders very close to me and a guy walked out of the thicket at 0945 and set up a pop-up. I sat till 10 and then got down and let him know I was hunting that spot and that I would be back in the afternoon.

Comment

I cannot stand that... alot of people do not put in the time it takes to be a successful bow hunter. They set up on what ever "good" deer sign they see regardless of what stands are already in place. Sad thing is the probably don't even take the extra minute to look around for someones set up and if they do they just dont care. Some get lucky and actually cut of a decent buck and get a kill, but more times than not they just ruin that specific area for both parties. It sucks and its going to happen more than not especially if you have been feeding more than a few weeks here in texas the deer make huge trails coming in and out of the areas. Part of hunting public land got to do with it. Sucks that if you confront someone (even nicely) you can get fined if they report you....

Comment

I've had guys literally park their trucks 20 yards from my stands in the past (not on roads, in fields). Then they have the nerve to ask if I’ve seen anything on the way back to my tuck

Pretty sad!

Comment

Originally posted by MatthewChris View Post
                                I cannot stand that... alot of people do not put in the time it takes to be a successful bow hunter. They set up on what ever "good" deer sign they see regardless of what stands are already in place. Sad thing is the probably don't even take the extra minute to look around for someones set up and if they do they just dont care. Some get lucky and actually cut of a decent buck and get a kill, but more times than not they just ruin that specific area for both parties. It sucks and its going to happen more than not especially if you have been feeding more than a few weeks here in texas the deer make huge trails coming in and out of the areas. Part of hunting public land got to do with it. Sucks that if you confront someone (even nicely) you can get fined if they report you....
                                Originally posted by greenshovel View Post
                                I've had guys literally park their trucks 20 yards from my stands in the past (not on roads, in fields). Then they have the nerve to ask if I’ve seen anything on the way back to my tuck

Pretty sad!
                                YES---Yesterday in one of my spots, there were fresh truck tracks where someone had driven through in the past week. I was just out there last weekend and no-one had been out there. Do I know it is another hunter, no. Cattlemen drive through the areas, Soldiers training, etc. On Hood, you just never know who it is. When you think your set-up in a spot that no-one else will find I seem to get disappointed this time of year.

Comment

Working...
                                X