Fort Hood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jbitt4x4 View Post
    DA sent out an ALARACT this morning referencing that Lance....stay safe there..not too sure why Fort Hood has been the target here lately...heck of a way to kick off Anti-Terrorism Awareness month though isn't it...
    Haven't heard of that one.

Comment

Originally posted by ballisticbudda View Post
      Haven't heard of that one.
      August is Anti-Terrorism Awareness Month....I'm the AT Officer...and OPSEC/ Force Protection/ Physical Security/...well you get the idea...some things never change whether you work in the Army or for the Army, LOL.

Comment

How's everyone on the GS? Haven't been on here in bit. Well I'm down in Florida now and archery season starts tomorrow. Hope everyone has a good hunt this year. I'm sure going to miss hunting in Texas and all the great people I have meet while I was there.

Comment

Originally posted by jbitt4x4 View Post
          August is Anti-Terrorism Awareness Month....I'm the AT Officer...and OPSEC/ Force Protection/ Physical Security/...well you get the idea...some things never change whether you work in the Army or for the Army, LOL.
          How about some air time? We hear of National Breast Cancer Awareness month and other events, but the anti-terrorism month? Since Uncle Sugar is broke, and can't afford air time, send out via email tips about security and anti-terrorism. Even the bad guys have email.

Comment

Originally posted by laz-31 View Post
            How's everyone on the GS? Haven't been on here in bit. Well I'm down in Florida now and archery season starts tomorrow. Hope everyone has a good hunt this year. I'm sure going to miss hunting in Texas and all the great people I have meet while I was there.
            Laz, hope you have success there in FL. Don't forget to post pics, remember, it did not happen unless there are pics to prove it.

Comment

I've been thinking of hunting at Ft Hood, do they allow any spot and stalk hunting?

Comment

One from Brad for those who did not see the thread.

Wish we got some of that rain.

Comment

Originally posted by Savage View Post
                  I've been thinking of hunting at Ft Hood, do they allow any spot and stalk hunting?
                  Yes, but you have to ensure you stay in your assigned area (training area), gps help with that. Bad thing about spot and stock in the hood is you might (will) wonder into someones set-up, hopefully not while they are hunting it.

Comment

Really? There must be alot of people that hunt there. Isn't that place around 200K acres? How much of it do they open for hunting?

Comment

Originally posted by Savage View Post
                      Really? There must be alot of people that hunt there. Isn't that place around 200K acres? How much of it do they open for hunting?
                      yes but the live fire area is off limmits to archery except during general season.then you have to hunt from a stand

Comment

Savage as Matt said yes but not everyone is like us and like to hunt on Fort Hood here is a link to the sportsman center http://forthoodhunting.com/ under regulations you will find the annual hunting and fishing guide. I attached a link to it. http://forthoodhunting.com/Annual_Hunting____Fishing_Area_Access_GUIDE_2010-2011.pdf
                        As long as you follow the State laws and Fort Hood Regs it is a great place to hunt. But you need to have patients. If troops are training the areas will be closed, and if the unit did not clear the area guess what it will still be closed.

Comment

Thanks guys!

Comment

Matt, how is the working world treating you?

Comment

Originally posted by ballisticbudda View Post
                              Matt, how is the working world treating you?
                              Nicely every day a few more dollars naw its good but the working out everyday is killing me

Comment

Originally posted by fthoodhoghunter View Post
                                Nicely every day a few more dollars naw its good but the working out everyday is killing me
                                Just makes ya appreciate air conditioning. This week is going to be smoking hot.

Comment

Working...
                                X