No announcement yet.

Fort Hood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Bro the word is out if this budget don't get passed our retirement checks want be sent either. I work in a office with all but 2 of the 32 workers are retired VET's. you want to talk bull.

Comment

Originally posted by BenBen View Post
      Now the talk is that the we the Soldier's may not get paid on the 15th once again! Why is it that the elected officials always pay themselves first with no recourse but demand of the people that put them there to take the hit? Over here that kind of public broadcast is killing morale and depleating a exhausted force. The people of United States must make a stand by demanding that elected officials take the same hits as the people that put them there.
      Here is a bit more fuel for the fire. You forgot to mention the pay raises that they give themselves every year and the wonderful health care plans that we pay for and lastly the "retirement" pay that makes retired O-9 pay look like peanuts.

Ya'll try to keep you blood pressure low, go drink some Crown or Jack single barrel. I've got to buy stock in both companies.

Comment

Fox News is reporting that at least one U.S. soldier has been arrested in a possible plot to attack Ft. Hood, which was the target of a deadly attack in 2009.

Fox cites sources who say that one person is in custody, but also notes that there are reports of two others also being apprehended:

According to an Army source, one AWOL soldier is in the custody of the Killeen Police Department near Fort Hood. He was not captured on base. According to another source, two other U.S. soldiers were also arrested earlier today after authorities recovered weapons and explosives.

The news outlet says it has obtained the name of the three suspects, but is withholding them at this time.

On Nov. 5, 2009, Maj. Nidal Hasan, an American Army officer and psychiatrist, killed 13 people and wounded 30 others after going on a shooting spree.

It was announced last month that he could face the death penalty.

Comment

Originally posted by thorthunder View Post
          Fox News is reporting that at least one U.S. soldier has been arrested in a possible plot to attack Ft. Hood, which was the target of a deadly attack in 2009.

Fox cites sources who say that one person is in custody, but also notes that there are reports of two others also being apprehended:

According to an Army source, one AWOL soldier is in the custody of the Killeen Police Department near Fort Hood. He was not captured on base. According to another source, two other U.S. soldiers were also arrested earlier today after authorities recovered weapons and explosives.

The news outlet says it has obtained the name of the three suspects, but is withholding them at this time.

On Nov. 5, 2009, Maj. Nidal Hasan, an American Army officer and psychiatrist, killed 13 people and wounded 30 others after going on a shooting spree.

WOW. Thanks for the update. Had not heard about this .

Comment

Originally posted by thorthunder View Post

Thanks Thor, I heard that it is Heck to get in the gates right now because of it. 2009 was a nightmare that needs to just go away.

Lance I know that brings back nast memories for you since you work over there. At least I am a few blocks a way.

Comment

stay safe

Comment

Originally posted by ballisticbudda View Post
                Here is a bit more fuel for the fire. You forgot to mention the pay raises that they give themselves every year and the wonderful health care plans that we pay for and lastly the "retirement" pay that makes retired O-9 pay look like peanuts.

Ya'll try to keep you blood pressure low, go drink some Crown or Jack single barrel. I've got to buy stock in both companies.

Tim my friend at this point I dont need fuel for a fire I need fuel for the chevy, the Jeep, and Ben's pontiac. I said years ago when I bought the boat that it would not become a lawn ornament and it has only been out twice this year because of the cost of fuel and my JOB.

Comment

Originally posted by Walkin STX Hank View Post
                  Thanks Thor, I heard that it is Heck to get in the gates right now because of it. 2009 was a nightmare that needs to just go away.

Lance I know that brings back nast memories for you since you work over there. At least I am a few blocks a way.
                  We just received a briefing from our branch chief on the incident. We have had MPs here at the fentrance since 5 NOV 09. The chief is going to brief the MPs on stronger baggage checks at the entrance. No backpacks are allowed in this building at all.

Comment

Tim my friend at this point I dont need fuel for a fire I need fuel for the chevy, the Jeep, and Ben's pontiac. I said years ago when I bought the boat that it would not become a lawn ornament and it has only been out twice this year because of the cost of fuel and my JOB.
                    John, I know what you mean. My green guzzler gets driven as little as possible. Wishing one of the car companies would make a truck that gets great gas mileage.

Lance, you should bookmark kxxv.com or one of the other local news stations to keep up with local news. It is the only way I can keep up with the local news here at work.

Comment

John, Tell me about it , gas is killing me . I am only driving up once a month or so to scout at the Hood . There were weekends when gas was below $2 / gal I was driving up every weekend. Between gas and corn prices it is ridiculous

Comment

Dicks corn is 6.97 a bag clean corn....not the garbage from last year

Comment

Originally posted by BowTechGuardian View Post
                          We just received a briefing from our branch chief on the incident. We have had MPs here at the fentrance since 5 NOV 09. The chief is going to brief the MPs on stronger baggage checks at the entrance. No backpacks are allowed in this building at all.
                          DA sent out an ALARACT this morning referencing that Lance....stay safe there..not too sure why Fort Hood has been the target here lately...heck of a way to kick off Anti-Terrorism Awareness month though isn't it...

Comment

Originally posted by alec73065 View Post
                            John, Tell me about it , gas is killing me . I am only driving up once a month or so to scout at the Hood . There were weekends when gas was below $2 / gal I was driving up every weekend. Between gas and corn prices it is ridiculous

I hear ya...Diesel is right at $4 a gallon here...and I'm driving 86 miles a day round trip brother...luckily I can ride my 4 wheeler out the back to scout.

Comment

Originally posted by fthoodhoghunter View Post
                              Dicks corn is 6.97 a bag clean corn....not the garbage from last year
                              Man, I just paid like 8 something from Academy.

Comment

Originally posted by ballisticbudda View Post
                                john, i know what you mean. My green guzzler gets driven as little as possible. Wishing one of the car companies would make a truck that gets great gas mileage.

lance, you should bookmark kxxv.com or one of the other local news stations to keep up with local news. It is the only way i can keep up with the local news here at work.
                                Originally posted by fthoodhoghunter View Post
                                dicks corn is 6.97 a bag clean corn....not the garbage from last year:d
                                Originally posted by jbitt4x4 View Post
                                da sent out an alaract this morning referencing that lance....stay safe there..not too sure why fort hood has been the target here lately...heck of a way to kick off anti-terrorism awareness month though isn't it...
                                thanks.

Comment

Working...
                                X