No announcement yet.

Fort Hood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone have any good fortune this morning on hood?

Comment

A guy walked across my opening almost 1000 and set up a gb. I got down walked over there and let him know I was hunting there. He apologized. He was a young soldier.

Comment

Good sportsmanship to acknowledge that he was not aware of you and not giving you and bs, hope that didn't mess anything up for you. And good luck to everyone hopefully your morning was productive and rewarding be safe and hook up

Comment

Teletrack is down and no one will answer at the sc can someone let them know

Comment

Teletrak worked for me. Took 10 times with this number though (254) 288-4164

Comment

About the same time you posted that

Comment

Originally posted by TxReezen7.0 View Post
                Good sportsmanship to acknowledge that he was not aware of you and not giving you and bs, hope that didn't mess anything up for you. And good luck to everyone hopefully your morning was productive and rewarding be safe and hook up
                It's all good. Part of hunting Ft. Hood. I've been in my area since July and have never seen anyone. And all of a sudden today I see him and hear 2 feeders go off very close to my setup. It's getting crowded.

Comment

Originally posted by BowTechGuardian View Post
                  It's all good. Part of hunting Ft. Hood. I've been in my area since July and have never seen anyone. And all of a sudden today I see him and hear 2 feeders go off very close to my setup. It's getting crowded.
                  That's just part of the deal. Not a good part, it is what it is.

I have an oppinion, and it may not sit well with some, but Texas is really bad about permission to hunt private land. You roll up on a ranchers/farmers property and ask to hunt their land, what do you get? If it isn't no, it's 1500 or so for a lease. In OK or MN, you ask to hunt and they say sure, just shut the gates behind you (there are exceptions, of course).

I guess you could look at hunting Hood as sort of a leasing with very controlled access.

As much as I don't care for it, given that Hood has other purposes, hunting not being one of them. We should probably be thankful we are alllowed to hunt at all.

Comment

Originally posted by EdO View Post
                    That's just part of the deal. Not a good part, it is what it is.

I have an oppinion, and it may not sit well with some, but Texas is really bad about permission to hunt private land. You roll up on a ranchers/farmers property and ask to hunt their land, what do you get? If it isn't no, it's 1500 or so for a lease. In OK or MN, you ask to hunt and they say sure, just shut the gates behind you (there are exceptions, of course).

I guess you could look at hunting Hood as sort of a leasing with very controlled access.

As much as I don't care for it, given that Hood has other purposes, hunting not being one of them. We should probably be thankful we are alllowed to hunt at all.
                    I agree with you. I pay $100.00 and have access to thousands of acres hunting & fishing.

Comment

A guy walked across my opening almost 1000 and set up a gb. I got down walked over there and let him know I was hunting there. He apologized. He was a young soldier.
                      At least it was 10:00.. Last year I had someone walk through at 07:30, I didn't make a big deal out if it though.. Another time I got my arse chewed for walking by someone around noon.. Didn't see any vehicles in the area so figured it was clear guess not.. I did not end up hunting hood this year because of the hassle and the far drive..

Comment

So what'd ya'll see yesterday?! I had my bucks patterned so yesterday morning I shoulda seen one but by the time I called my area was full. Then when I called for today yesterday it was already full again. Really miss forest service, BLM, and all those great people in Washington.

Comment

I logged into my area for today at midnight FRI night. You can only log in 2 days out so right at midnight is your best chance.

Comment

Well just as I was about to leave my blind tonight a big black pig walked out I tried to range him but it wasn't giving me a reading I guess too dark so I guesstimated 30 yards but he was more like 35-40 and the arrow went right under him. Found the arrow no blood and no hair. Make she mad bc this hog is dominant he runs the deer off and has knocked my feeder over. He won't be this lucky again.

Oh and I killed a black/grey tarantula that was almost the size of my hand. Never seen one in Texas and hope I don't see another.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1411959112196.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	86.7 KB
ID:	24333615Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1411959129271.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	71.1 KB
ID:	24333617Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1411959142858.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	71.8 KB
ID:	24333618

My 1st hog. My son was more excited than I was. It was a great afternoon. Except now I can get through to teletrac to check out. And the guy at the check station said only 4 bucks came in all weekend.

Comment

[ATTACH]655789[/ATTACH][ATTACH]655791[/ATTACH][ATTACH]655792[/ATTACH]

My 1st hog. My son was more excited than I was. It was a great afternoon. Except now I can get through to teletrac to check out. And the guy at the check station said only 4 bucks came in all weekend.
                                Congrats lance

Comment

Working...
                                X