No announcement yet.

Fort Hood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fonzo, did you get the grid coordinate that I PMed and texted to ya.

Comment

Originally posted by BirdRanger View Post
      Theres a stand already there

Comment

No it didn't seem to go through on my end. I just checked it and didn't see it.

Comment

Fishing on hood has gone down hill. I'm not sure if more people are catching and keeping fish or there was a die off but the number and size of fish just are not there anymore. While you do not need a hood fishing permit to fish cow house creek I was told by the GW that you still have to have area access to fish there which doesn't make any sense considering its a no check in / check out area. And fishing there has been really poor as well due to low water levels.

Comment

**** I hope that the southeast side of ft hood is open this year I got a sweet spot picked out and just cut some shooting lanes for it too

Posted from Texasbowhunter.com App for Android

Comment

Hey there is a ladder stand that I removed the tag from, some Lance something or another, it was in my spot, if still there I am going to remove from my area...

Comment

Originally posted by EdO View Post
                Been a lot of years, but Pershing, on the South end used to good for decent bass (up to 8 pounds or so/ Was not automaticic, you had to spend your time, but they were in there. I'm sure the beer has gotten in front of my grammer, but you get the drift. Pershing, is good if you have some means of getting outside of the weed line.

Hope that made sense.
                Lol yeah thanks, I'm gonna go ahead and try it out thanks!

Comment

On the other hand I've got a 17"er showing up regularly but gonna try and wait on a mui grande

Comment

Hey there is a ladder stand that I removed the tag from, some Lance something or another, it was in my spot, if still there I am going to remove from my area...

Comment

question for you all. after watching the gutless deer quartering video on this site a few minutes ago, is this legal/ok to do with deer on ft hood? or do i have to bring the whole deer un-quartered and everything first and then go back out somewhere to process it? I didn't think that gutting a deer was all that difficult after seeing a couple videos recently, but I can see how some methods wouldn't be that great if I wanted to have a buck shoulder mounted. plus I tend to like/do the gutless method on hogs whenever I get a chance to hunt them also. anyhwo, I think it'd be a whole lot easier if I could quarter up a deer on the spot before having to drag it all the way out of my spot and to the check station and then back out to the woods again. thanks for any info.

Comment

On ft hood a deer has to be checked in whole just guted.i don't think you can quarter it up on post even after it has been checked in but I'm not positive about that part.

Comment

Can someone please tell me how to post pic from my phone

Comment

I tried to but couldn't, I have galaxy s4. Only way I can is to upload them to photobucket or something like that and then copy and paste the links here.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	95.8 KB
ID:	24247112

Hey all. New on this site and second year hunting on hood. Got this young guy the other night. Hoping he's going to bring his dad down for a bust on the 28th.

Comment

Originally posted by Rsilva_00 View Post
                                [ATTACH]549927[/ATTACH]

Hey all. New on this site and second year hunting on hood. Got this young guy the other night. Hoping he's going to bring his dad down for a bust on the 28th.
                                Was going to say its not his dad ya want its gramps

Comment

Working...
                                X