No announcement yet.

Fort Hood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Matt how is the new area in the secret spot working out for you post me up some pics if you got some good velvet around and I think you probably do...

Comment

Kevin what ever you plant needs to grow without water I think we are in for a drought. It is hot and dry. The ground is cracking like crazy and there is no water in sight.

Comment

Aint that the truth Hank.. I live in Morgans Pt. and all you have to do is set the trash out for the garbage man and the deer come running.. (Verry sad sight) The City is going to have to do something SOON..

Comment

Originally posted by BirdRanger View Post
          Already did that and a good thing to but they have been hitting my food plots and mineral blocks I had put out in the spring pretty hard and have not even messed with the garden unreal, all it took was a little PH balancing and the plots took off. Yeah that and the pool gets in the way.

The deck is not sporting, I would like to make it a bit challenging if I could, maybe bring my arrows without broadheads LOL...

I found some stuff that I think is gonna work out pretty good, and he can rake it in...
          Might be illegal to do that, to make it challenging try shooting with both eyes closed or shooting with only 2 vanes.

Comment

Good idea, I figure I will try shooting my right handed bow left handed and with my non dominant eyewith no vanes but I will use a broadhead for sure.

John I hear ya the wife has been watering tha garden and the food plots religously to keep then up, my spring plots came in great and I was suprised at that, but if it is done right and this stuff is as good as they say being drought resistant I will let ya'll know if it grows.

Comment

Originally posted by BirdRanger View Post
              Still in the Congo here but having a good time.

Here is a question to ya'll, if you were gonna put in a fall food plot on a small tract of land what would ya'll plant for a perinnial plot. It has to be relatively easy since my son is gonna be the one putting it in????

Ideas
              Here's what I got at my place in OK ... Got a feeder calf, a broken down horse and a goat in the pasture. Just plain old grass nothing special. Deer come in just to be with the other animals. Even go in the barn. I sit in the house with the back door open and do a little grocery shopping. I ain't proud. Meats, meat.

So my adivise is get a feeder calf, a broken down horse and a goat.

Comment

Snuck off and did a little fishin yesterday. Launched about 06:30 fished until a little after 08:00 when the wind came up and made it a little miserable. Got four keepers and about six or eight shorts. Nothing big, think the biggest was about 16" as I recall. Stillhouse hydrilla beds, plastic worms. Yeah, I kept em and ate em. If they want me to through em back, they gotta change the rules.

Comment

So .... it's been awful quiet. Maybe a little harmonica music to wake y'all up? A little Charlie Mccoy assortment. Enjoy.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUW4LYEJyks&feature=related"]YouTube - ‪Charlie McCoy - Orange Blossom Special.MP4‬‏[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0KhY5SkqC5M&feature=related"]YouTube - ‪Charlie McCoy - Rollin' In My Sweet Baby's Arms‬‏[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nj7vjn8hUDw"]YouTube - ‪Charlie McCoy A Tribute To Little Walter‬‏[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-IojQQdK7s&feature=related"]YouTube - ‪Charlie McCoy amazing grace‬‏[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by ballisticbudda View Post
                    Might be illegal to do that, to make it challenging try shooting with both eyes closed or shooting with only 2 vanes.
                    He could always try shooting with no arrows cause he forgot them in the house?

Comment

Ed I think I am gonna try the old goat, broke down horse and feeder claf Idea, I think that would still cost about the same in feed though...

Comment

At last! The weekend is almost over. Gonna be a fine day tomorrow. Think I'll go to the range and shoot for a bit, then come home and get the boat ready to maybe go fishing on Tues. Don't know about Wed yet. I'll figure something out.

Comment

Are we ever going to get a break from the heat..
                          Me and my dad went and sat for a pig waited untel 1130 all we saw was one coon
                          He or she wont be back.
                          Went down today to take another stand down there looked at the cam and pigs are
                          comming back in im going to go and set tomarrow night I hope that I get a chance at one im running out of pork.
                          Good luck to all
                          FLIP

Comment

Originally posted by flipajig View Post
                            Are we ever going to get a break from the heat..
                            Me and my dad went and sat for a pig waited untel 1130 all we saw was one coon
                            He or she wont be back.
                            Went down today to take another stand down there looked at the cam and pigs are
                            comming back in im going to go and set tomarrow night I hope that I get a chance at one im running out of pork.
                            Good luck to all
                            FLIP

Do you have popcorn coming out of your feeder? Afraid there is no relief in sight.

Comment

On the way home from estes park colorado, it Was 40 when we left at 4 am. Have never seen so many elk,mule deer and tree huggers.

Comment

Originally posted by alec73065 View Post
                                On the way home from estes park colorado, it Was 40 when we left at 4 am. Have never seen so many elk,mule deer and tree huggers.
                                and we cant hunt tree huggers

Comment

Working...
                                X