Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice Buck Ben

Comment

nice kill Ben! hoping one makes a mistake this week for me too!

Comment

Hey ya'll if given the opportunity I'd sit all day if you could deal with it. They are moving constantly in what I'm seeing as well on my cams. Has anyone thought to possibly leaving signs that say Bow Hunter in Area around your sets. Yeah I know "Whatever Stupid" but seriously it may work. Most of us don't wish to buggar someone elses hunt on purpose or even accidentally and being that ya'll are packed in like circus clowns already it may just be the cats meow and prevent the ninja's from appearing at your set. Just throwing it out there.

Comment

Originally posted by BenBen View Post
          Hey ya'll if given the opportunity I'd sit all day if you could deal with it. They are moving constantly in what I'm seeing as well on my cams. Has anyone thought to possibly leaving signs that say Bow Hunter in Area around your sets. Yeah I know "Whatever Stupid" but seriously it may work. Most of us don't wish to buggar someone elses hunt on purpose or even accidentally and being that ya'll are packed in like circus clowns already it may just be the cats meow and prevent the ninja's from appearing at your set. Just throwing it out there.
          Hey ben, that would probably work for keeping the ethical hunters informed, but I doubt the ones doing it now could care less! They act like they own the entire installation, but I really like your idea!

Comment

i know this would work for me...

Comment

I've hunted "public Property" twice. One of those being Hood. It's tough. I think of safety and when or if I don't feel safe I just don't go. It's nerve racking when you are at full draw and a human pops out grunting on a grunt tube. WHAAAAAAAAAT!!!!!!! You almost want to squeeze off the shot you get so ******. I feel your pain and why I have ventured out to private lands. Some people want money but most really NEED the help. It's out there ya just have to go find it.

Comment

What I'm seeing is that the Big Boy's have already matched up with the ones they want to breed and are just waiting for the green light. What sign did you have in your area that caused you to set up in that particular spot. As for attractant. Feeders wise I use a combo of BB2 and Acorn Rage with corn on a 2 second throw to get the scent out mainly. Also remember that the RUT is about to go off so the Big Boy's go were their ladies tell them. It ain't called shopping for a reason. I got lucky this weekend and this dude made the mistake of making a scrape. Shot him at 10yds. Trophy to me because it's my first deer with a bow. Story is on BH Reports. Be patient. You put in the work. It will happen for you. Happy Hunting.
                Congrats on a nice first deer with your bow. Shoot, CONGRATS on a NICE BUCK period. Way to put in the time and get it done brother.

Comment

Thanks

Comment

This might keep the ethical hunters away but will also let the thieves know where you're set up is.

Comment

I'm not saying leave the sign up when you aren't there. Never mind.

Comment

I get what you're saying kind of like a dive flag ( caution bow hunter in the area) it might work but there are a lot of rude people hunting ft hood.

Comment

I realize that fact. I was just throwing it out there. Ya'll do what you want.

Comment

I've hunted "public Property" twice. One of those being Hood. It's tough. I think of safety and when or if I don't feel safe I just don't go. It's nerve racking when you are at full draw and a human pops out grunting on a grunt tube. WHAAAAAAAAAT!!!!!!! You almost want to squeeze off the shot you get so ******. I feel your pain and why I have ventured out to private lands. Some people want money but most really NEED the help. It's out there ya just have to go find it.
                            The only reason i wont venture out onto private land is that i will only be here one more hunting season before i have to pick up and move again, i am only on a 2 year special duty assignment, but i definately agree with you.

Comment

Well it is that time of the season, gonna lay a little love out on a drag and attach it to the back end of a decoy and see what happens starting Friday and will hunt till sunday noon.

Good luck with the hunting all.

Where's Ed he into the pig feet and shiner again.

Got to meet Shane the other day, great guy, he got to watch one of my pups work a trail of a deer, never did find it, but I sure love watching her work.

Comment

Originally posted by BirdRanger View Post
                                Well it is that time of the season, gonna lay a little love out on a drag and attach it to the back end of a decoy and see what happens starting Friday and will hunt till sunday noon.

Good luck with the hunting all.

Where's Ed he into the pig feet and shiner again.

Got to meet Shane the other day, great guy, he got to watch one of my pups work a trail of a deer, never did find it, but I sure love watching her work.

Keep after it with the pup. They'll get better and better with practice.

I've been off my feed, nursing a nasty cold or flu or something. Feel like I'm hung over but didn't have any fun the night before.

MIssin them pig feet. Ain't shot a pig in maybe 6 months. Probably time to get after it.

Kill something!
                                Last edited by EdO; 10-30-2012, 04:00 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X