Fort Hood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fthoodhoghunter View Post
    If I was hunting this weekend I would be hitting the horns together with some grunting. But I'll be in stand with son oh I will be calling a few in...lol just hope it's one that is a shooter for him
    Somehow I got this feeling that there's a pretty good chance of it.

Comment

Good Read! "Eating Aliens" by Jackson Landers. Amazon has it, but AddAll is probably cheaper.

Those that know me, know that I eat almost anything that's in the woods; with very few exeptions. Don't tell nobody, but I've eaten mice and rats. Coyotes are just wild dogs and a delicacy to me. Don't like beaver and don't like bear, too greasy. Armadillo's for health reasons, but changed my mind now that I know cooking kills the leprosy virus and if you do catch it, antibiodics fix the problem. So armadillos are now on the chow list.

Anyway, the book is about this guys adventures hunting down and eating invasive/alien species. He takes a few swipes at federal and state government regs along the way. Methinks he over embellishes a few things, particularly his take on the Texas Hill Country, but that's the nature of article/book authors (been there, done that). Over all a pretty good read for the out-doors person.

Never did like book reports, so you get what you got.

Comment

Originally posted by BowTechGuardian View Post
        Brother, my areas have been closed for weeks. Those "Xs" make me SICK!!!!!!
        Yea I know! Maybe I need to invest in the 300's a little...they seem to never close!

Comment

Originally posted by FullDrawFanatic View Post
          Yea I know! Maybe I need to invest in the 300's a little...they seem to never close!
          Until the Nat. Guard fires up their training.

Best thing to do, won't help this season, is scout an area or two and be set in each quadrant. Even that will sometimes doesn't work, but gives you the best chance. Of couse that assumes you have the time and resources available.

Hunting Hood unguided can be an adventure. Alas, there's not a lot of options in this part of TX.

Comment

New set was great this afternoon saw 1 shooter and 2 small bucks and 6 doe. All in all good hunt

Comment

Yep in agree with ya Matt, horns and a bit of grunting for sure maybe even some buck pee out. Gonna be sitting in one of two places in the morning, depends on rain or shine...

Comment

any good duck hunting on post?

Comment

New set was great this afternoon saw 1 shooter and 2 small bucks and 6 doe. All in all good hunt
                  Must be nice to get out there, glad you could get into an area!

Comment

Originally posted by Buckcommander08 View Post
                    Must be nice to get out there, glad you could get into an area!
                    Think that was my 5th hunt this year on post

Comment

Think that was my 5th hunt this year on post
                      Haha you saw more in one sit than I have all season, but I did have a two legged creature walk under me three times in one day! Been that kind of year!

Comment

Originally posted by Buckcommander08 View Post
                        Haha you saw more in one sit than I have all season, but I did have a two legged creature walk under me three times in one day! Been that kind of year!
                        Just in case you, or anybody following, is unaware; He spends way more time scouting the woods than any other individual I can think of. Every animal he sees he's earned.

Go to the woods in August and your very apt to run into either him or his truck (with tool box attached ) You'll never catch me working that hard at it. HEB is way too close.

Comment

Originally posted by EdO View Post
                          Just in case you, or anybody following, is unaware; He spends way more time scouting the woods than any other individual I can think of. Every animal he sees he's earned.

Go to the woods in August and your very apt to run into either him or his truck (with tool box attached ) You'll never catch me working that hard at it. HEB is way too close.
                          Lmao I love it... But yes that's the truth my scouting starts when season ends or an area shoots out

Comment

Originally posted by EdO View Post

Oh trust me I know, but don't think for a second I haven't put in my miles too! Just been a bad year so far, it's due to change any day now!

Comment

Sitting in a ground blind, got a bad wind but may back out and try this evening.

Comment

Good luck matt with the youth hunt hope he gets one.

All is quiet here, nothing moving yet.

Comment

Working...
                                X