Fort Hood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fthoodhoghunter View Post
    . As to the other question. I hunt mostly way back where its off the beaten path have to walk everything way back in. But on a good note see deer just about every sit. Most are not what I'm looking for but at least there nice to look at
    Yup took your advice and just walked everything in today....no tire tracks, less scent, better hunting hopefully. But just as a precaution I still locked everything up

Comment

Well just had a doe at 45 yards, range at 40 aimed low and let it go, clean miss should have gone to 50. Oh well good time spent with my daughter.

Comment

Kevin!!!!!!!!

Comment

Hey I dont have that big money stuff called a range finder so I eyeball it as best I can, atleast it was a clean miss and being off 5 yards ain't bad for an old man and a poor college student.

She will be back, just got to let it lay, not the first time I shot and missed her.

I had Beanie with me and she had a blast, loved watching all the deer and the arrow glow in flight. She tells me today she needs her own hunting clothes and binos.

Comment

Originally posted by BirdRanger View Post
            Hey I dont have that big money stuff called a range finder so I eyeball it as best I can, atleast it was a clean miss and being off 5 yards ain't bad for an old man and a poor college student.

She will be back, just got to let it lay, not the first time I shot and missed her.

I had Beanie with me and she had a blast, loved watching all the deer and the arrow glow in flight. She tells me today she needs her own hunting clothes and binos.
            Too bad Kevin. But like you said, at least it was a clean miss. Judging distances gets tricky in the evening when the light is changing.

If you always hunt the same stand, step off the distances and put a small pile of rocks at each one.

Comment

Yep in just got this blind in and never sat it. Had to with the kiddo with me at 6 she sits pretty good and loves to be with dad. I guess tomorrow rock piles will go in, unless someone wants to buy me a rangefinder. Lol crickets....

It is always a special time in the woods with the kids no matter the outcome. Still had a blast with her.

Comment

Yep in just got this blind in and never sat it. Had to with the kiddo with me at 6 she sits pretty good and loves to be with dad. I guess tomorrow rock piles will go in, unless someone wants to buy me a rangefinder. Lol crickets....

It is always a special time in the woods with the kids no matter the outcome. Still had a blast with her.
                I hear ya. Enjoy them now while you can. They grow up way too fast. Both of mine are in their 40's.

Got up this morning thinking I'd take a therapeutic walk in 104. Got my walkin stick and nitro pills in hand, called teletrac (option 3) and got the closed and off limits message. Pretty sure teletrac was messed up, 104 is never closed. Should have called the SC, but figured they had better things to do. Maybe tomorrow.

Comment

Hey all just talked to a Lampasas rancher he is a standard up guy who is eating MLD. and is selling doe and management hunts for a real good price.

Does 150 if you buy 5 its 550 total that's less than 100 per do.
                  Management hunts 600

Let me know if anyone is interested shoot a pm.
                  Dats a good deal is their any kill fees though, i pay a 100 a day in jonesboro on a ranch but he dont run feeder or anything seen some does but cant getem in bow range. he got fenced in hogs and rams been looking forsomething new but affordable.

Comment

He has feeders up and running. I should alsoention that inside the fenceline is rifle as of yet he is not set up for archery.

Comment

Originally posted by BirdRanger
                      300= HIGH RISK placement, 2 favorite places on hood for thieves is 300 and 105 good luck with your stuff though.
                      Whenever I hunted 300 I found more trash, other hunters and human sign than I have ever seen in the woods. Not one deer track bed or poop either and I walked at least one square k.

Posted from Texasbowhunter.com App for Android

Comment

Mike send me your number got some ideas for you..

Comment

Awful quiet out there today. Guess some folks have a real job. That's a good thing. Somebody needs to support us old goats

Finally got around to calling the SC to have them straighten out the Teletrac so I can get in the woods tomorrow. Scott did his usual good work and everythings as it should be again.

Gonna spend a couple hours looking around, put out a camera or two, throw some corn and persimmons around, and just in general enjoy the morning. Not even gonna take a bow. Hard to beat time in the woods.

Comment

I hear ya ed, I am in school, working hard to get smart.

This weekend is gonna be it COLD AND MORE COLD EQUALS RUT TIME...

Comment

Or get a piece of paper that says I am smart?

Comment

I hear ya ed, I am in school, working hard to get smart.

This weekend is gonna be it COLD AND MORE COLD EQUALS RUT TIME...
                                I bet your smarter than 90 percent of the students in the class. A little life experience will do that for ya.

Comment

Working...
                                X