No announcement yet.

Fort Hood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just seen a monster buck in 45. Out doing clean up and kicked him up.

Comment

Originally posted by FtHoodBowHunter View Post
      Just seen a monster buck in 45. Out doing clean up and kicked him up.
      Got GPS location! Lol

Comment

Nope sure don't lol. It was just off antelope rd.

Comment

there are a few in 45 down near the creek that divides 45 and 47 but good luck man that area is thick and the last time I was in there there were some military in 47 making alot of noise but good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by 1poorboy View Post
            When SE region opens back up will there be more archery areas or will it go back to being guided I know 104 and 105 are archery only but I hope there are at least more unguided areas
            You will also have 8B over there and 37 the rest will be guided

Comment

Ain't nobody saying anything. I can only assume y'all are busy dressing out and processing your kills.

Comment

Hey ya'll so I was wondering... About how far should i park away from my stand? Is it better to park and walk from like a click out or should i keep my hike to more like 300 or so yards? i dont mind a longer hike

Comment

Originally posted by montros View Post
                  Hey ya'll so I was wondering... About how far should i park away from my stand? Is it better to park and walk from like a click out or should i keep my hike to more like 300 or so yards? i dont mind a longer hike
                  Just my oppinion, but that's one of those "it all depends" situations.

Depends on how much and what kind of cover is between your vehicle and your stand.

Depends on traffic patterns of the deer. What routes they follow.

Anyway, you get the idea. Under the right circumstances, 50 meters is plenty. Under others a thousand may not be enough.

Comment

okay. I was thinking along the same lines. thanks for the input

Comment

Ed, not dressing anything got mid terms this week, haven't seen daylight for a week studying.

Montrose, I agree with ed it all depends terrain, wind direction, pressure and food source avaliable, along with vegetation. I have killed deer 50 feet from my truck in plain sight.

On hood you got two types of deer, the ones that know they can be shot and the ones that know can't. Areas that get lots of pressure, training and hunting= skittish deer there gone.

Comment

When will we hunt doe?

Has anyone heard when or if they will ever let us hunt doe in all areas of Fort Hood again?

Comment

Originally posted by BirdRanger View Post
                          Ed, not dressing anything got mid terms this week, haven't seen daylight for a week studying.

Montrose, I agree with ed it all depends terrain, wind direction, pressure and food source avaliable, along with vegetation. I have killed deer 50 feet from my truck in plain sight.

On hood you got two types of deer, the ones that know they can be shot and the ones that know can't. Areas that get lots of pressure, training and hunting= skittish deer there gone.
                          That makes sense. tango mike

Comment

Originally posted by fthoodhoghunter View Post
                            You will also have 8B over there and 37 the rest will be guided
                            So the SE region is Guided?

Comment

I was really looking forward to setting up a spot in 35. But I guess maybe that is why I have seen all the box blinds in 35 and 36 then.

Comment

Originally posted by txyz View Post
                                randals buck

[ATTACH]405406[/ATTACH]
                                Way to hunt off of someone elses feeder!!

Comment

Working...
                                X