No announcement yet.

Fort Hood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am gonna give it another week for tickling ivory.

Tomorrow going to make a scrape and put camera on it.

Trying something new in the morning also but that is a secret...

Comment

I'm wanting to take my little cousin on a guided deer hunt this year at ft hood he has hunted with me since he was 5 he is 11 now.. I would like to take him and let him but do y'all know if the guides get mad about kids shooting something that's just legal?? I know a lot if them want you to wait on the mui grandes but I'm wanting him to get something, I've been on many guides hunts and seen deer that are just legal and let them walk.. Never seem a huge one even though I know they are out there so kinda makes me want to just let him get something legal..

Comment

Randal get with Matt, he is real good with kids and in the only area for doe on hood if correct.

Comment

Originally posted by randal View Post
          I'm wanting to take my little cousin on a guided deer hunt this year at ft hood he has hunted with me since he was 5 he is 11 now.. I would like to take him and let him but do y'all know if the guides get mad about kids shooting something that's just legal?? I know a lot if them want you to wait on the mui grandes but I'm wanting him to get something, I've been on many guides hunts and seen deer that are just legal and let them walk.. Never seem a huge one even though I know they are out there so kinda makes me want to just let him get something legal..
          Some guides will be mad but there alot of good guides out there that are happy to put a hunter, especially a kid on a legal deer, be it a spike a barely legal 8 point or a 150 class buck. The guides of area 47/48 are a great bunch of guys and are happy for anybody that tags a legal deer there. Bottom line it is your tags and your hunt as long as it is legal and your cousin is happy with it shoot it. **** on the guides.(hope this doesn't offend anyone but if it does,I have been hunting Hood for 21 yrs.,I'll get over it)

Comment

Who has one of them fancy apps for hunting and weather?? And what is it.

Comment

I got the cables recon hunt it lets me plot points and mark it with as deer stand trail etc has weather and can save hunting trips like the times that deer come out and stuff just wish it had minor and major feeding times had the app for 2 weeks has work well so far
              Originally posted by BirdRanger View Post

Comment

Anyone seeing anything?

Comment

Seen three doe so far pretty warm and windy tho we'll. See what happens

Comment

I just got a smart phone, this is pretty cool. In the blind and on TBH!!

Comment

Originally posted by BirdRanger View Post
                      Scoutlook Kevin.....best one on the market for Android. Primos if you have an IPhone.

Comment

Watched a doe for a while....I'm buck only now.....shot my doe Monday evening in the rain....it's cold here....27 right now!!

Comment

I watched my eyelids this morning

Comment

Called it quits about an hour ago. Saw a few cattle, and a bird or two.

Comment

Saw a doe and a fawn, and cattle.. Found a little water hole with deer sign all around it. What are your opinions on hunting over it?

Comment

Originally posted by huntinboi14 View Post
                                Saw a doe and a fawn, and cattle.. Found a little water hole with deer sign all around it. What are your opinions on hunting over it?
                                Water holes can be good if so I would hunt them all day

Comment

Working...
                                X