No announcement yet.

Fort Hood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nocked and loaded well worth the $$. Next time shoot me a pm in got blood tracking. Dog in training.

Comment

What does the arrow look like. Had a buddy do the same thing. No blood but got both lung tops. She piled up 30yds just inside the woodline. Keep looking. When we opened her up it was a red waterfall.

Comment

Save the blood in a ziplock back also.

Comment

I bumped him I jumped him up about 300 yds from the stand 2 hrs after the shot he jumped up snorted at me and ran off like nothing was wrong I never found the arrow and there was almost no blood where he was laying I hope the hit wasent fatal but I know that's a slim chance. I will keep you in mind with the dog I just hope I make a better shot next time.

Comment

I'm jealous. Y'all are out there shootin deer and I'm stuck at home drinkin beer!

Think I'm going to go out to 104 tomorrow and stomp around a mite. Got a stand I want to relocate. TOOOO many cows where it's at. Bein as how it should open for deer next year, figure now's the time, before the rush starts. Can't get too far in the boonies cause I can never tell what my hip is gonna do. Some days it's 15 years old, others is 90. KInda hard draggin a deer and walkin with a walkin stick at the same time.

If 13 opens up this week end I'll go and pull the camera and see what's up with that. Probalby need to wait on the area to open before I can grab the camera. Kind of hard to say you working on deer stands when it's a no stands area.

Y'all have fun chasing the critters, I'll handle the beer end of the deal for ya.

Comment

Awful quiet here tonight. Doesn't leave me many options. Think I'll just join the Hag .... He plays a mean guitar also, unlike many of todays "artists" that fake it.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4w_8j4ie73g&feature=related"]Merle Haggard - I Think I'll just stay Here and Drink - YouTube[/ame]
              Last edited by EdO; 10-10-2012, 08:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BirdRanger View Post
                Nocked and loaded well worth the $$. Next time shoot me a pm in got blood tracking. Dog in training.
                Kevin,
                Is that BB2 really that good. It is expensive. Do you just pour it on the ground?

Comment

Yes Lance I really like it, it is a great attractant plus it has a nutritional value for the deer like nothing on the market, 20 bucks for 20 pounds and I use a coffee can of it a week so it last about 2 weeks.

Comment

Where do you get BB2 I have never heard of it?

Comment

Originally posted by 1poorboy View Post
                      Where do you get BB2 I have never heard of it?
                      Nocked n Loaded in Lampasas

Comment

Originally posted by BowTechGuardian View Post
                        Nocked n Loaded in Lampasas
                        Or Academy in Killeen

Comment

Edo Thanks for Merle Haggard , I needed that today.

Comment

What is the latest in the afternoon you guys would shoot a deer? I'm concerned about being able to find the deer and as warm as it is it cannot stay out all night.

Comment

Last light for me then I sit wait, find first blood then get my dogs nose working. But in this heat it would depend on shot brother, lots of factors in that question.

Comment

Originally posted by EdO View Post
                                Or Academy in Killeen
                                I tried looking for it but wasn't exactly sure what I was looking for either

Comment

Working...
                                X