Fort Hood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fthoodhoghunter View Post
    Was a hard quartering shot hit behind ribs exit out opposite front leg. Had 5 come in she was the biggest one. Was going to wait a bit longer but could not resist
    Congrats on the doe Matt.

I haven't seen anything since opening day. Even then, I walked up on 2 doe bedded under a cedar and couldn't do anything but watch. I had good deer on my camera in Lampasas, but they have all but disappeared.

Comment

Would anyone here shoot a spike? What would be a good spike to shoot?

Comment

Originally posted by BowTechGuardian View Post
        I'm just a hamburger lovin meat hunter (gotta have hamburger, ain't got many teeth left), but if a spike walks by, he gets a Muzzy in the vitals. If it's legal, I'll shoot it. Rabbit, squirel, raccoon, possum, pig ... I draw the line at bear, porcupine, beaver, nutria and armadillos.

If your good with it and it's legal, why worry? I wouldn't spend a whole lot of time worrying about what other folks think. If it was going to cause a big stress on the game population TPWD would protect it.

Comment

Originally posted by BowTechGuardian View Post
          The one I shot last year was a good one to shoot. I have another just like him I'm looking for this year

Comment

Originally posted by EdO View Post
            I'm just a hamburger lovin meat hunter (gotta have hamburger, ain't got many teeth left), but if a spike walks by, he gets a Muzzy in the vitals. If it's legal, I'll shoot it. Rabbit, squirel, raccoon, possum, pig ... I draw the line at bear, porcupine, beaver, nutria and armadillos.

If your good with it and it's legal, why worry? I wouldn't spend a whole lot of time worrying about what other folks think. If it was going to cause a big stress on the game population TPWD would protect it.
            Well said

Comment

Was planning on setting up the pop up tomorrow morning for a early Saturday hunt. But don't wanna set it up and find out the area is closed. What time you think the area access will be updated.

Comment

Originally posted by GottaGetMy1stWT View Post
                Was planning on setting up the pop up tomorrow morning for a early Saturday hunt. But don't wanna set it up and find out the area is closed. What time you think the area access will be updated.
                Stop by the club it's already out

Comment

Originally posted by EdO View Post

Couldn't have said it better Ed.

Comment

The one I shot last year was a good one to shoot. I have another just like him I'm looking for this year
                    No No No.........Matt........the one you shot last year was a TROPHY spike!!!!!!

That is an EXCELLENT on to take.

Figures....only you would have 2 years with TROPHY spikes....LMAO.

Go get em bub.

Comment

Originally posted by GottaGetMy1stWT View Post
                      Stop by the club it's already out
                      I already tried calling in for tomorrow and I guess my areas r CLOSED!!!

Comment

Can someone post up the new area access ? I looked at both sites and it has not been updated . Congrats on the Doe Matt

Comment

Area Access

Area Access
                          Attached Files

Comment

Try again
                            Attached Files

Comment

Thanks Lance

Comment

Does anyone know if the archery only areas are busy during gun season??

Comment

Working...
                                X