No announcement yet.

Fort Hood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When you shoot deer on private property, does it take one of your tags?

Comment

It takes up one of your state tags yes but it dosent count against your fort hood permit.

Comment

Depends on the county you took it in...you can only have one 13" or greater and one unbranched or spike in a county..unless something has changed..so if you took your 13" buck in Bell..then you would have to hunt Coryell part of Ft Hood...correct me if I'm wrong Matt

Originally posted by bobw_189 View Post
        It takes up one of your state tags yes but it dosent count against your fort hood permit.

Comment

I think your right JB, you have to use your state tags on fort hood just like you would anywhere else but if you take a 13"+ buck in Coryell off fort hood you could go to the eastern parts of FT Hood. but if you shoot 4 Does in Bell county off post you can still shoot your Buck on FT Hood
          Last edited by bobw_189; 10-02-2012, 01:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bobw_189 View Post
            I think your right JB, you have to use your state tags on fort hood just like you would anywhere else but if you take a 13"+ buck in Coryell off fort hood you could go to the eastern parts of FT Hood. but if you shoot 4 Does in Bell county off post you can still shoot your Buck on FT Hood
            Originally posted by jbitt4x4 View Post
            Depends on the county you took it in...you can only have one 13" or greater and one unbranched or spike in a county..unless something has changed..so if you took your 13" buck in Bell..then you would have to hunt Coryell part of Ft Hood...correct me if I'm wrong Matt
            Thanks, that makes sense.

Comment

You can have one in unbranched and one13 or greater on ft hood that's all for bucks doesn't matter county on post off is different

Comment

Matt, does on post affect your off post hunting (other than using 1 of ur tags)?

Comment

Originally posted by fthoodhoghunter View Post
                  You can have one in unbranched and one13 or greater on ft hood that's all for bucks doesn't matter county on post off is different
                  Did that change? When I shot my buck in Salado(Bell)....I could not shoot one on post in the Bell County part of post....I know from experience as I shot my 144" in LF89....Coryell County part...and had to show the game warden on the map exactly which stand I shot him out of...

Comment

gonne be hunting 23 this weekend anybody had any luck over there and also i looked at the deer quota just trying to make sure i read it right i cant shot any does?and that area is only allowed 1 buck? if so how do i find out when the area is shot out? thanks just making sure i get this figured out right

Comment

Originally posted by txbowhunter08 View Post
                      gonne be hunting 23 this weekend anybody had any luck over there and also i looked at the deer quota just trying to make sure i read it right i cant shot any does?and that area is only allowed 1 buck? if so how do i find out when the area is shot out? thanks just making sure i get this figured out right
                      No does

Comment

Originally posted by jbitt4x4 View Post
                        Did that change? When I shot my buck in Salado(Bell)....I could not shoot one on post in the Bell County part of post....I know from experience as I shot my 144" in LF89....Coryell County part...and had to show the game warden on the map exactly which stand I shot him out of...
                        Yes that part is right 1 big buck per county

Comment

Now the way I understand it is that if you kill 1 13" buck on Fort Hood, no matter the county, you cannot hunt another deer 13" on Fort Hood. Is that true?

Comment

Originally posted by BowTechGuardian View Post
                            Now the way I understand it is that if you kill 1 13" buck on Fort Hood, no matter the county, you cannot hunt another deer 13" on Fort Hood. Is that true?
                            Right you can't shoot 2 +13 bucks on hood. But you can shoot one in corryell on post and shoot another in bell off post

Comment

Oh and yes I'm in the stand

Comment

Matt, good luck to ya, keep us updated

Comment

Working...
                                X