Fort Hood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fthoodhoghunter View Post
    There's actually more bucks than last year 15 more to be exact in the 40s. There will be more for general season this is only the archery season qouta
    EXACTLY.......looks like more does to up North. If I remember right from last year, during Archery the doe quota was 12. But i could be wrong......it does happen frequently...LMFBO!!!!!

Comment

Well, I'm in, but not to sure I'll be hunting tomorrow. Been watching the wx. A little light rain won't bother them too much, but thunder storms will have them hunkered down under the thickest cover than can find.

Comment

Anybody got any idea what's going on in 40,43,100 and 108??? Looks like they've shut them down for hunting. Hope it's not permanent. Given the location, it may be.

Comment

Originally posted by EdO View Post
          Anybody got any idea what's going on in 40,43,100 and 108??? Looks like they've shut them down for hunting. Hope it's not permanent. Given the location, it may be.
          The bypass around cove is going through 40 43 and 100 and 108 is being used by the contractor for whatever reson

Comment

Thanks, was a bit worried about maybe losing some territory long term.

I'm sitting here with one eye on the radar and another on the over night wx report. Don't look good. Well, there's always Shiner and the Yamaha.
            Attached Files

Comment

Just told Chris if its a down pore I'm rolling over and sleeping in good thing is the foodplot will get lots of needed water

Comment

I can't believe that there are so few deer for archery season. Hood is huge, and the count is so low...

Comment

Originally posted by bubbaski06 View Post
                  I can't believe that there are so few deer for archery season. Hood is huge, and the count is so low...
                  It's not really that much lower than last year (if any), just most of the quota is in areas that have not been that popular.

I do know, from my observations, that there are more than enough bucks to allow for larger quota's in at least some of the areas. Not to mention a doe or two. What, exactly, the biologists are trying to accomplish, I have no idea. But then again, I don't see the entire post on my camera's. Just a couple select areas. I don't understand why they wait until the last day to publish the quota's. Seems to me, with the resources available, they could have figured that out long before the day before the season. I'm sure there's a reason, but don't know what it could be.

This is just a guess on my part, but suspect they are saving most of the quota for the regular season. I think most of the troops are not archery hunters. Like I said, just a guess. I really don't have a clue other than that.

P.S. This is for everybody ... Please don't call the Sprortman's Center and complain. They don't have a thing to do with it. No, I don't work there and never will. Won't work anywhere ... work is a for letter word and to be avoided.

Comment

It's not really that much lower than last year (if any), just most of the quota is in areas that have not been that popular.

I do know, from my observations, that there are more than enough bucks to allow for larger quota's in at least some of the areas. Not to mention a doe or two. What, exactly, the biologists are trying to accomplish, I have no idea. But then again, I don't see the entire post on my camera's. Just a couple select areas. I don't understand why they wait until the last day to publish the quota's. Seems to me, with the resources available, they could have figured that out long before the day before the season. I'm sure there's a reason, but don't know what it could be.

This is just a guess on my part, but suspect they are saving most of the quota for the regular season. I think most of the troops are not archery hunters. Like I said, just a guess. I really don't have a clue other than that.

P.S. This is for everybody ... Please don't call the Sprortman's Center and complain. They don't have a thing to do with it. No, I don't work there and never will. Won't work anywhere ... work is a for letter word and to be avoided.
                    Well said there Ed

Comment

AMen brother. I TOTALLY agree with you.

Comment

Deer are moving like crazy here this morning....had a spike with about 16" antlers first visit us....then a shooter 6 that I was hoping would present a shot for Courtney...but never came in close enough. A total of 6 doe and 4 yearling...all stayed just out of shooting range behind us....still on stand...it's a warm 46 degrees now that the sun has crested over the mountain.

Comment

Good luck James. Hope y'all have some good luck up there. Now you just need to make sure Courtney doesn't jump out of the tree when you wake her up....LMFBO!!!!!

Comment

Just woke up here I'm dry to the bonec

Comment

See anything? I had an 8 come by but some one late to their stand scared him off before he got in range!

Comment

It happens

Comment

Working...
                                X