Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got tagged today

Comment

]Havnt found any sheds but I have been seein hogs in the daylight, 2 weeks ago I went to check my cam at 5 pm and the was 5 40 pounders under the feeder, I decided to leave them alone til the next day when I was armed went down theresame time following day and shot a 275 lb boar, no bs I even weighed him and if I weren't on my iPhone I'd show u a pic

Comment

Originally posted by fthoodhoghunter View Post
        Nice tool box

Comment

Thanks

Comment

Buddy reported doe down in Kansas more to follow...

Comment

Originally posted by BirdRanger View Post
              Buddy reported doe down in Kansas more to follow...
              Nice wold love to have a doe down

Comment

Next Saturday matt, Saturday.

Comment

Originally posted by BirdRanger View Post
                  Next Saturday matt, Saturday.
                  Yep going Sunday to top off everything

Comment

Got to drop and thanks on Matt and Kevin for stearing me onto the BB2 stuff. Don't know what's in it, but the deer are loving it. It's pretty fine for hand throwing, but tried it anyway. Threw a bag of it out on the 2nd. Went out today and pulled the camera. The deer were still pawing at the dirt (pigs too). Magic!

Comment

Originally posted by EdO View Post
                      Got to drop and thanks on Matt and Kevin for stearing me onto the BB2 stuff. Don't know what's in it, but the deer are loving it. It's pretty fine for hand throwing, but tried it anyway. Threw a bag of it out on the 2nd. Went out today and pulled the camera. The deer were still pawing at the dirt (pigs too). Magic!
                      Yeah, the guy down at Double G Archery put me on a couple of weeks ago. This guy walked by the corn and they kept eating the BB2 until it was gone.
                      Attached Files

Comment

went out and checked some areas around 203 didnt look to promising anybody wanna make a little cash and show me some spots still new to the post and could really use the help not wanting your spots just some areas where there is deer sign

Comment

Originally posted by txbowhunter08 View Post
                          went out and checked some areas around 203 didnt look to promising anybody wanna make a little cash and show me some spots still new to the post and could really use the help not wanting your spots just some areas where there is deer sign
                          203 has alwayed looks like a place I had wanted to try. Never did, but looked that way. I'm getting the feeling a lot of folks are either hunting it or looking it over. You can't always tell by tracks. This area is funny that way. Another place that has always intriqued me is whatever area border on the golf course. Don't have a clue what it might be, but it should be north of 203 not too far. Thre are some good areas, but will be very tough to get into so really couldn't recommend them. If it was me, and it ain't, I'd be looking at 40, 13, 21. 112, 101, and 102; not necessarily in that order. Just guessing that they may hold deer and won't be overly hunted. I'm basing that on my knowledge of surrounding areas, not necessarily the areas recommended. If I was to recommend the "hot" areas; it would be 115, 23, and possibly 22 and 8N. Where am I hunting ... Mostly OK and AL with a few days on Hood. Take it for what it's worth ... absolutly nothing. Free is free.

Just a guess, but if somebody charges you for advice, it's probably bad advice.

Go up the the sportsmans center and talk to the folks. They're knowledgeable and always willing to help. But given the competitivess of Hood hunting, there's only so much anybody can do. You get in the woods and if your really paying attention, sometimes it's hard to get over 100 yards from somebodys set unless you do a lot of deep woods walking.
                          Last edited by EdO; 09-22-2012, 05:51 PM.

Comment

thanks for the info maybe you can answer this question im use to hunting thick pines ( from east texas) but down here the areas i check like 203 shows a small area of thicket and the rest is surrouneded by open with small patches like i said i found a few good beat trails but i just dont know where the deer can be staying at

Originally posted by EdO View Post
                            203 has alwayed looks like a place I had wanted to try. Never did, but looked that way. I'm getting the feeling a lot of folks are either hunting it or looking it over. You can't always tell by tracks. This area is funny that way. Another place that has always intriqued me is whatever area border on the golf course. Don't have a clue what it might be, but it should be north of 203 not too far. Thre are some good areas, but will be very tough to get into so really couldn't recommend them. If it was me, and it ain't, I'd be looking at 40, 13, 21. 112, 101, and 102; not necessarily in that order. Just guessing that they may hold deer and won't be overly hunted. I'm basing that on my knowledge of surrounding areas, not necessarily the areas recommended. If I was to recommend the "hot" areas; it would be 115, 23, and possibly 22 and 8N. Where am I hunting ... Mostly OK and AL with a few days on Hood. Take it for what it's worth ... absolutly nothing. Free is free.

Comment

Disappointed

I am really dissapointed with a couple of duck hunters. Don't know who they were, but dissapointed. Long story. Was headed out to 22/115 this a.m. and on (I think it's Nolan Road) I meet this guy in swimming trunks and bare feet walking. I stopped to see what he was up to. He said he had gotten stuck. So I tell him to get in and we'll see what we can do. We head on down the road and instead of taking that left we went straight and on out to that big mud flat where Cow House Creek turns into Belton Lake. He's way out there stuck off to the side of the trail The trail is solid as can be and the sides look that way, but it's just a crust on top. Anyhow there's a couple duck hunters in a blind not 100 yards from where this guy was stuck. They could have easilly, with him and they and his gf driving, pushed him out. Instead they tolk him they had to go and went and sat in their blind. Anyhow I hooked his truck up the to jeep and pulled him out. Hope those duck "hunters" had a fun day waiting on ducks to come by what with all the commotion going on. That is not the way our people were brought up. If somebody needs help, you give it. It's not an inconvenience, it's what you do. Yeah, him and his gf maybe shouldn't have been out there drinking beer, but crap, I hope those duck "hunters" rot in hell for being such inconsiderate butt heads.

Comment

Originally posted by txbowhunter08 View Post
                                thanks for the info maybe you can answer this question im use to hunting thick pines ( from east texas) but down here the areas i check like 203 shows a small area of thicket and the rest is surrouneded by open with small patches like i said i found a few good beat trails but i just dont know where the deer can be staying at
                                Sorry, I can't be of much further help. Not that I don't want to be, but I just don't really know. Every area (Fort Hood area) is a bit different. One this that is constant is the deer move quite a bit no matter where you are hunting. You might try locating a spot where you have thick growth in one area and thick growth in another with some thinner growth connecting them. Kind of like a fence line connection two thickets on a farm. But it's getting late in the game to be doing scouting now.

Honestly if it were me and I was wanting a good chance at a deer, I'd just take my chances until the regular season and guided hunts start up and sign up for a guided hunt. The stands are already set up and ready to go. Once again the Sportsmans Center is the place to start. They are really good people and willing to help. They are also much more knowledgeable that I am. Really, the guys in the SC that I know are more than willing to help, that's their job.
                                Last edited by EdO; 09-22-2012, 06:22 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X