Fort Hood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GottaGetMy1stWT View Post
    Guess I will see ya on Saturday for those; thanks.
    No problem at all just trying to keep you from tickets

Comment

The deer quota should be out this weekend, right?

Comment

first time hunting ft hood could use a little help on some areas to check out im limited to a car for a little while and i only bow hunt so any help would be appreciated thanks

Comment

If willing to drive for bow season all of the 300's up till Regular Season, Matt will probably close it out though LOL.

I would spread out between the 4 cardinal directions 1 N, 1 S, 1 E, 1 W, well scratch the East its closed.

Look at past post :get off the roads and in thick stuff, Not East Texas thick but stuff thieves dont want to go in.

Comment

thanks whats the best stand to use looks like my climber will be useless should i get a blind?

Comment

I like blinds and ladder stands. I used a blind one last year and had a doe at 18 yards for a good 20 minutes and never knew I was there. Ladder stands, usually isn't to hard to find a decent tree to use.

West Fort Hood has some good spots that you can get to with a car.

Comment

Originally posted by BirdRanger View Post
                If willing to drive for bow season all of the 300's up till Regular Season, Matt will probably close it out though LOL.

I would spread out between the 4 cardinal directions 1 N, 1 S, 1 E, 1 W, well scratch the East its closed.

Look at past post :get off the roads and in thick stuff, Not East Texas thick but stuff thieves dont want to go in.
                Naw won't close it all out just a couple spots

Comment

Matt, What is up with almost the entire Ft being closed lately? Any Ideas?

Comment

Originally posted by alec73065 View Post
                    Matt, What is up with almost the entire Ft being closed lately? Any Ideas?
                    Just guessing, but what with the drawdown in Iraq and Afganistan I suspect there's a lot of troops that need something to do so they're training. Just a guess.

Comment

Went to the lake yesterday and got a few largemouth. Don't always keep them, but wanted to try something different. Used to do it up home with Walleyes, Northerns, suckers, etc.

Cleaned em, brined em down in salt and brown suger, and smoked them fellers. Sitting here munchin down on some smoked black bass chased with some Lone Star! Catch and release? Nope, from now on it's catch and smoke!!! Good stuff. Smoked some salmon at the same time. Live in Chinese Chef/maid can't make up her mind which one she likes best.

Comment

Originally posted by FtHoodBowHunter View Post
                        The deer quota should be out this weekend, right?
                        Lets see, this weekend is the 22/23 .... Given past history we might get lucky, but I wouldn't hold my breath. More likely the 27th or 28th.

Comment

Originally posted by EdO View Post
                          Lets see, this weekend is the 22/23 .... Given past history we might get lucky, but I wouldn't hold my breath. More likely the 27th or 28th.
                          Wouldn't surprise me.

Comment

There training Like crazy all the areas between Georgetown rd and west range will be closed for sure opening weekend. Only access west Of Georgetown rd will have to be off of fm 116. There having a 2 day bike race that weekend. Not sure about other areas will keep posted. 107 106 still locked tight wait on confirmation of lock change for this areas. Quota should be sometime next week will Scan and post when we get that. Hope this helps ya all.

Comment

Originally posted by fthoodhoghunter View Post
                              There training Like crazy all the areas between Georgetown rd and west range will be closed for sure opening weekend. Only access west Of Georgetown rd will have to be off of fm 116. There having a 2 day bike race that weekend. Not sure about other areas will keep posted. 107 106 still locked tight wait on confirmation of lock change for this areas. Quota should be sometime next week will Scan and post when we get that. Hope this helps ya all.
                              Well that answers my questions. If I can't get in to put corn out, the few deer I have on cameara are going to leave. What a bummer

Comment

Originally posted by BowTechGuardian View Post
                                Well that answers my questions. If I can't get in to put corn out, the few deer I have on cameara are going to leave. What a bummer
                                Get it in this next week

Comment

Working...
                                X