No announcement yet.

Fort Hood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A lot of memories in this one ... A little ancient history from the back woods ...
    Buying beer in a bucket ....
    Used to buy our lard (Crisco) in gallon cans when I was a kid. We used those cans for everything, from our school lunch buckets to our Pop buying his beer. Beer in cans and bottles was only avialable in the cities. Everybody else, and many in the cities, took their lard bucket down to the bar and got a gallon of beer from the tap.
    Then there's the Ford and the running boards. Used to come standard, now if you got a truck, you pay extra. Go figure.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9aYB2Waa8o&feature=related"]My Bucket's Got A Hole In It-Hank Williams - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Hmmm .... broad daylight even ... I hate that ear thingy ....
      Attached Files
      Last edited by EdO; 09-12-2012, 11:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by PSEstinger07 View Post
        Want to shoot a Turkey? I know where a few Gobblers are and Archery season starts the 29th! My stuff was stolen last week so right now I'm hand throwing corn. There is a nice buck in that area I plan to hunt and hopefully get opening weekend as well.
        I'll get after anything I can! Lol Like I said I'm new so trying to get experience anywhere I can. Still a lil behind the power curve as I still need to get my hunter safety course done and of course area pass etc. if I plan on going on Hood. And of course any tips/ advice or even the opportunity to go out with you guys is greatly appreciated! I wouldn't even mind comin out to help scout / fill feeders etc. if ya don't mind having company.

Comment

Yes I filed a report with the GW on Monday.

Originally posted by TX Headhunter View Post
          I'll get after anything I can! Lol Like I said I'm new so trying to get experience anywhere I can. Still a lil behind the power curve as I still need to get my hunter safety course done and of course area pass etc. if I plan on going on Hood. And of course any tips/ advice or even the opportunity to go out with you guys is greatly appreciated! I wouldn't even mind comin out to help scout / fill feeders etc. if ya don't mind having company.
          Not much scouting to do right now, get your area access pass and class done and I'll take you to my spot I found. I'll only use it opening weekend for Archery Season then a week later I move to Alaska for 3 years and you can take over that area. Just let me know when you get everything done.

Comment

Sounds good

Comment

Originally posted by fthoodhoghunter View Post
              Did you file a report with game wardens on your stuff?
              A little water for the food plots. Thank you lord. Can I get a amen

Comment

I hope you opened up ALL of the areas this weekend

Comment

Originally posted by BowTechGuardian View Post
                  I hope you opened up ALL of the areas this weekend
                  Well not sure didn't see the new land yet

Comment

Originally posted by TX Headhunter View Post
                    Probly the stator. In my experiences it's that more often than the CDI or coils. How old is it?
                    its a 97 polaris

Comment

Yea that would be my first guess. As good a place to start as any. It's easy to get to so I would test that.

Comment

You got it brother! I'm loving it. Just the right kind too. Don't need not toad choker.

Was going to go out today, but didn't want to get my jeep dirty ..... not. I'm thinkin it's the dirtiest vehicle in Killeen. Ain't washied it in 3 years. Just park it on the street and hope it rains.

Planning on maybe heading out in the morning for a couple hours just to look around. Got a camera that needs picking up but not excited about Taylor Valley Road with this rain. Bound to be a little slick on a couple of the corners.

Tonight I'm just gonna hang around the house. The Chinese live in maid/chef is immersed in the TV, so I'm stuck with a Blond (Shiner Blond that is) and my guitar. Think I'll try to work out some Merle Haggard style blues. Can't go wrong with beer and the blues.

Comment

Originally posted by EdO View Post
                          You got it brother! I'm loving it. Just the right kind too. Don't need not toad choker.

Was going to go out today, but didn't want to get my jeep dirty ..... not. I'm thinkin it's the dirtiest vehicle in Killeen. Ain't washied it in 3 years. Just park it on the street and hope it rains.

Planning on maybe heading out in the morning for a couple hours just to look around. Got a camera that needs picking up but not excited about Taylor Valley Road with this rain. Bound to be a little slick on a couple of the corners.

Tonight I'm just gonna hang around the house. The Chinese live in maid/chef is immersed in the TV, so I'm stuck with a Blond (Shiner Blond that is) and my guitar. Think I'll try to work out some Merle Haggard style blues. Can't go wrong with beer and the blues.
                          Sounds like a plan there Ed

Comment

Glad y'all finally got some rain :thumbup:

Comment

Can anyone point me in the right direction for sme turkey?

Two weeks to go!!!

Comment

Originally posted by bubbaski06 View Post
                                Can anyone point me in the right direction for sme turkey?

Two weeks to go!!!
                                I really hadn't been payin attention to turkey's lately, but if I was startin from scratch and needed someplace close to spend some time lookin .... specially with the rain we've just had ... I'd drive on over to Engineer Lake. Park in the parking area where the fishermen park and start eyeballing the ground looking for tracks. Talk to the fishermen and see what they've heard or seen. Add in the tracks and go from there.

Kind of old info, but the turkeys were around there last year, so no reason they shouldn't be this year.

There's other places, but farther out.....the area around Taylor branch comes to mind as well as 115 along Taylor Valley Road just before the big opening and 23. There's a couple stands of oaks there that used to hold turkeys.

Couple others too, but I've probably ticked off enough folks already.

Then there's always my favorite spot for turkey .... HEB!

Hope I ain't rainin on anybody's parade.

Comment

Working...
                                X