No announcement yet.

Fort Hood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone know anything about four wheelers? I got one that has no spark.

Comment

Good deal Lance, glad your hitting pay dirt, went out today to fill feeders and final tweeks to sets and low and behold i got a bachelor group of bucks in the food plot just heading to the feeder it appeared. they just turned and walked off, hope they stick around.

got to trouble shoot, could be gap, could be fuel if it has been sitting, wires lots to look at.

Comment

Has another great weekend of dove hunting. Went out yesterday and today and had my limit by 0830.

Now I just have to seal the deal on the Arizona desert bucks. Had acouple of nice stalks yesterday but could only close to with in 60 yards.

Then this morning on the way out from dove hunting, I had a nice 4x4 velvet Mulie cross in front of me, so I got out of the truck, put the stalk on.....closed the distance to 10 yards. He was standing perfectly broadside..........but unfortunately his vitals were behind a mesquite tree and all I could see was his head and neck...... with the wind in my face I tried to wait for him to step out, but he didn't like what he saw and BOUNCED away like a Jackrabbit.

Maybe me and the ole lady can close the deal tonight. Going out to a crossing and setting in a ground blind.

Comment

Well I took some advice after reading this thread for awhile. So last week I went out and bought a trail cam and feeder and set it up Friday night just to have it stolen within 48 hours off FT Hood. I went to set it up in one place and looked over and saw another persons feeder and game cam do I waved at the cam and set up somewhere else. I did find a better spot near a pond and day one had turkey and two bucks on cam. Went out this morning to swap the cards and show my wife where I set up just to lose out on $400~....everything was gone. Was just wanting to hunt the opening week because October 15th I move to Alaska....so if anyone sees a small game camera by stealth cams and a 30g feeder from Academy for sale anywhere locally please call me at 832-477-5435. My name and unit info was on the feeder in permanent marker towards the bottom.

I am still going to hand spread corn and hunt that spot, hopefully the thieve shows up while I'm hunting....

Comment

Originally posted by PSEstinger07 View Post
            Well I took some advice after reading this thread for awhile. So last week I went out and bought a trail cam and feeder and set it up Friday night just to have it stolen within 48 hours off FT Hood. I went to set it up in one place and looked over and saw another persons feeder and game cam do I waved at the cam and set up somewhere else. I did find a better spot near a pond and day one had turkey and two bucks on cam. Went out this morning to swap the cards and show my wife where I set up just to lose out on $400~....everything was gone. Was just wanting to hunt the opening week because October 15th I move to Alaska....so if anyone sees a small game camera by stealth cams and a 30g feeder from Academy for sale anywhere locally please call me at 832-477-5435. My name and unit info was on the feeder in permanent marker towards the bottom.

I am still going to hand spread corn and hunt that spot, hopefully the thieve shows up while I'm hunting....
            What area were you in?

Comment

Make sure you go and file it with the game wardens if not there is nothing that can be done if they find it. Very sorry to hear about this happening. Had a cam stole 2 years ago but it happens **** theifs

Comment

Originally posted by fthoodbowhunter View Post
                what area were you in?
                10-11

Comment

That sucks Stinger, main reason I don't hunt Hood any longer, any where around water with this drought is a place to hunt so gonna get a lot of pressure. Do as Matt said rport it to the GW so you have a report.

Funny with all the stuff that gets stolen from Hood you have to wonder if folks sell it or use it somewhere else, there has to get a good preventative for atlast slowing the thiefing, I use to have my own way to stop a thief but 2 years ago the got my sun roof camera.

Comment

Got to be careful up there and set up way off the main roads/trails. I have been fortunate so far but every time I go up I am relieved my stuff is still there. Sorry for your problems. I have only lost one camera so far up there.

Comment

The situation seems to have gotten worse the last year or so. Areas that used to be safe are not anymore. The thieves will steal anything. I put out some cheap pvc gravity feeders that I make and they stole a couple of them. Takes more effort to carry them out of the woods than it does to make them. Like somebody said ... getting back off the beaten trails is the best answer. That and doing like your doing ... just had throwing corn. I've got a couple brand new feeders (still in the boxes) in the garage, and that's where they're going to stay.

Comment

Originally posted by FtHoodBowHunter View Post
                        Anyone know anything about four wheelers? I got one that has no spark.
                        An engine is pretty much an engine. All depends on how new it is.

What make and model of 4 wheeler? No spark could be a simple cheap fix or expensive depending.

Comment

Jason ... nice batch of doves and congrats to the daughter. Looks like she's enjoying it, and that's a good thing.

Comment

I was at the range yesterday after work (1630ish). A guy in a white Chevy came in. As I was leaving, I noticed the truck had a TBH sticker. Who r u?

Comment

Originally posted by BowTechGuardian View Post
                              I was at the range yesterday after work (1630ish). A guy in a white Chevy came in. As I was leaving, I noticed the truck had a TBH sticker. Who r u?
                              There is a few running around post now fixing to be one more

Comment

Originally posted by fthoodhoghunter View Post
                                There is a few running around post now fixing to be one more
                                What r u gettin? Did you fly off in that helicopter that landed at SC & took off about 10 min later?

Comment

Working...
                                X