Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening.
Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Fort Hood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fthoodhoghunter View Post
    Good to hear may you get some good pics
    I sure hope so. Set up in 52

Comment

Originally posted by BowTechGuardian View Post
      I went to 1 of my areas today and realized I lost it. Blind was collapsed and full of water. Almost every pole was broke and shredded. All I could do was pull it and pull the camera. I have nothing to show for my work except this...
      Dang lance that sucks but good pic of that buck

Comment

Originally posted by fthoodhoghunter View Post
        Dang lance that sucks but good pic of that buck
        Thanks.

Comment

Nice buck. I am hoping to find a nice spike.

Comment

Lance sorry about the blind, but them pics are sure nice brother.

Comment

Originally posted by FtHoodBowHunter View Post
              Nice buck. I am hoping to find a nice spike.
              I will be honest with you. I have been hunting Hood for 4 seasons now. I was very negative about hunting Hood because I had heard so many horror stories. Some of it is true but, I met some great people like Matt, Kevin, Hank, Robert and some other guides. They gave me a lot of advice, they showed me different areas and I got my first Hood bowkill last year. I am one of those people that makes hunting too hard on myself. I am always trying to figure out what to do, where to go, what is the best attractant, etc. etc. etc. The biggest thing I have learned is just have fun with it. Don't worry about all the stuff. Find a spot you think looks good, spread corn in there and if you have a camera, set it up. If you corn it, they will come. Killing any deer I believe is being in the right spot at the right time. Go out, have fun and enjoy what God has provided.

Comment

Now you got the right idea Lance, Keep it fun and don't sweat the small stuff. Around here you have to get in the open, your not in East Texas anymore LOL keep out of the thickets. You will slam that buck on camera this year one way or another. But got it going in the right direction. ou put out the stuff I gave ya yet??

Comment

Originally posted by BirdRanger View Post
                  Now you got the right idea Lance, Keep it fun and don't sweat the small stuff. Around here you have to get in the open, your not in East Texas anymore LOL keep out of the thickets. You will slam that buck on camera this year one way or another. But got it going in the right direction. ou put out the stuff I gave ya yet??
                  Yes sir, Im gonna give it a little time and check the TC.

Comment

Where's my secret stuff huh...lol what you like better bb2 or buck candy let me know. Like the bb2 myself better than the buck candy. Corn is always a good thing

Comment

Bb2 is what I been using. Been doing a test and so far bb2 is producing better.

Comment

Bb2 is what I been using. Been doing a test and so far bb2 is producing better.
                        Good stuff right there.

Comment

what is bb2?

Comment

Originally posted by FtHoodBowHunter View Post
                            what is bb2?
                            A supplement the deer really like they have it at academy

Comment

Awesome that's some good info, and sound advice. Now I have to get my gear out there. Pretty excited about this upcoming season.

Comment

Originally posted by BowTechGuardian View Post
                                I will be honest with you. I have been hunting Hood for 4 seasons now. I was very negative about hunting Hood because I had heard so many horror stories. Some of it is true but, I met some great people like Matt, Kevin, Hank, Robert and some other guides. They gave me a lot of advice, they showed me different areas and I got my first Hood bowkill last year. I am one of those people that makes hunting too hard on myself. I am always trying to figure out what to do, where to go, what is the best attractant, etc. etc. etc. The biggest thing I have learned is just have fun with it. Don't worry about all the stuff. Find a spot you think looks good, spread corn in there and if you have a camera, set it up. If you corn it, they will come. Killing any deer I believe is being in the right spot at the right time. Go out, have fun and enjoy what God has provided.
                                I hear you lance. I was freaking out every year coming to the Hood every single weekend and stressing out when I didn't see any deer , should I have hunted the other stand Etc. This year I have only one feeder running and I am going to hunt it every time it is open and just enjoy the time alone in the stand. Once the rut started last year I saw multiple bucks every day in places and times you should never see a deer. I plan on having more fun this year and relaxing more

Comment

Working...
                                X