No announcement yet.

Fort Hood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sweet deal Ben. I am throwing down oats and a biologic mix along with clover. Should be good.

Comment

Got some more clover if you want it. Give me a call.

Comment

Woopp woopp got plots done yesterday and ton of rain today very good planing

Comment

Yeah buddy. Got mine done yesterday morn then the rains came and another good soaking today. Radished, rye, wheat and peas should break thru in about a week or two. May run a hotwire to keep the pigs out.

Comment

Sweet deal Matt you had good timing for sure. May ne a good idea with that hotwire for the hogs just remember it will also keep the deer out too.

Comment

Me and the Ranger spent some quality time on Stillhouse today. Got me a nice batch of gaspergou (sp) for the smoker. Munching down on some and having a Lone Star as I type. I'd be lyin if I said the Gaspergou were what I was after. I was just jigging with a jigging spoon wainting on the gar to start rolling so I could get a couple of them. Ain't nothin better than gar steaks. Pain in the backside to clean, but right up there with halibut when you getter done (some youtube videos show how, I learned some from them. Made my life simpler.). Can't beat gar steaks, better than walleye and crappie even (well ... maybe not quite that, but at least a tie.) Saw lots of deer. The Corp really needs to open that area for a limited bow hunt. They're thicker than beers in my reefer. Saw a dead one alongside thr road. Evidently got in a fight with a car and lost. Didn't get any bass, but wasn't really fishing for them either. Pretty much got what I went for .... something to smoke. I'm lovin that electric smoker. Not a whole lot of boats, only saw three others, but it was Wed. All the areas I'm interested in maybe hunting were closed, so fishing was my next option. Got a call from oldest daughter in OK saying pigs were overrunning the joint and asking for advice. Kill em and eat em, what more could I say.

Comment

Hotwire at 6 and 12'' won't bother the deer. They can get over it quite easily. I watched about 10-20 hogs each take a jolt trying to figure the darn thing out. Laughed so hard I pee'd myself a bit. For one of North Americas smartest creatures they sure are dumb as a post when it comes to electricity. I need to set up a camera on that point soon for some comical inspiration.

Comment

Originally posted by BenBen View Post
                  Hotwire at 6 and 12'' won't bother the deer. They can get over it quite easily. I watched about 10-20 hogs each take a jolt trying to figure the darn thing out. Laughed so hard I pee'd myself a bit. For one of North Americas smartest creatures they sure are dumb as a post when it comes to electricity. I need to set up a camera on that point soon for some comical inspiration.
                  LFMAO .... Hillarious to the max!

Comment

Got food plot sprayed for weeds oat are bagged, clover (thanks Ben) and radio and a few other things. Now just got to wait till Saturday for turning and a good rain the next day.

Comment

Sounds like a good time. Can you bow fish for Gar? I found a few beautiful ones off a spill way...

Comment

Originally posted by bubbaski06 View Post
                        Sounds like a good time. Can you bow fish for Gar? I found a few beautiful ones off a spill way...
                        Yes sir!!! Good fun too. Stick a few Carp while your at it. Don't need to got out at night either. My favorite spot is up the Lampassas. Throw the Jon boat in at Gravel Crossing, head upsteam and watch on the port side. All summer long, they are in there just after you go around the first big bend in the river/creek. Mostly Carp, but some gar also. There I go, giving out all my secrets.

Comment

Opening day of deer season in the Huachuca Mountains........din't see any bucks, but had some close calls with a few does. Beautiful country out here, but this fat boy needs to get in shape.....the MOUNTAINS kicked me arse.

Comment

I bet, but its beautiful out there. can't wait for opening day here.

Comment

Originally posted by TXArrowSlinger View Post
                              Opening day of deer season in the Huachuca Mountains........din't see any bucks, but had some close calls with a few does. Beautiful country out here, but this fat boy needs to get in shape.....the MOUNTAINS kicked me arse.
                              Sounds like an awsome time dont forget the LDP's when you connect

Comment

Sure does sound great out there.

Meet some of the hood thread tbhers today always good to see Matt. But met Alex and blue eagle, top notch fellas.

Anyone got a welded need to make something out of angle iron, A BIG RAKE I can drag behind my Bronco.

Comment

Working...
                                X