Fort Hood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TXArrowSlinger View Post
    Go up to the Sportsman's Center and they will get you all SQUARED away.

Guided hunts are ran through the tele-trac. You call and check into the area that you want to hunt for a certain day, go up to the Sportsman's Center the morning of the hunt by 0430, check in with your guide, then you will convoy out to the hunting area. You will be given a rally point to meet back at with a specific return time. You will then be taken to a blind and dropped off to try your luck on the Beautiful Ft. Hood Bucks.

And yes, MATT is a great guide to get. He puts lots of time and effort into his area, and he truly cares about the people he takes out.
    Hey Jason I guess you done forgot about who kept puting you on those piggies lol

but don't worry something happened last year and I am not guiding anymore, 8 years as a chief guide was enough of a headache.

Comment

Originally posted by huntinboi14 View Post
      Are there guided hunts during bow season?
      Nope only during general season

Comment

Originally posted by Walkin STX Hank View Post
        Hey Jason I guess you done forgot about who kept puting you on those piggies lol

but don't worry something happened last year and I am not guiding anymore, 8 years as a chief guide was enough of a headache.
        I would have mentioned you as well John, But I knew you were not guiding anymore.

Hope your doing good brother. Ain't seen ya on here in a while.

Comment

Man am I getting sissified ...
          I let the West NIle Virus stuff scare me off of my Grackle eating experiment and this morining I let a little rain keep me out of the woods.

Got a hot date with some Texas Blonds tonight though ...
          Attached Files

Comment

nice. I hope the rain changes everyones luck. maybe the cooler weather will bring the pigs out

Comment

Find small puddles of water away from a water source.

Ed you always seem to have hot dates blonde or brunettes. Good thing the live in maid is all good with them. Lol.

Comment

Originally posted by BirdRanger View Post
                Find small puddles of water away from a water source.

Ed you always seem to have hot dates blonde or brunettes. Good thing the live in maid is all good with them. Lol.
                I may end up firing the live in maid. Every time I send her our for beer, she keeps bringing back Bud Light. A lot of folks like it, it is the best selling beer, but it ain't for me. I like the heavier stuff ... Shiner, Killian's red, etc.. Some of my other favorites are Kirin, Bass, Watney's, a host of German/European brews, Tsing Tao, I guess almost anything but "lite." I do have a special fondness for Ale as opposed to Lager, which puts Lone Star up toward the top fo my menu. Texas does have excellent beers. Lone Star and Shiner are consistent winners in both national and inter-national beer competitions.

I'm not nearly so open minded about whiskeys ... There ain't but one kind of whisky and that's Tennessee whiskey. There's only two distillers of that ... Jack Daniels and George Dickle. Dickle's my favorite, but not my much. No, bourbon and Tennesse whiskey are not the same. The process is different. Dickle differs from Jack in the after distillation treatment. Dickle is run through a cooling ice blanket whereas Jack to does not. Just a subtle difference and a matter of taste. The two distileries are maybe 20 miles apart.

Think I'll have another Shiner Blond. Like the ad says, "One stop light, one brewery, what more does a town need?" Shiner, Texas.
                Last edited by EdO; 08-18-2012, 09:18 PM.

Comment

OK guys found a guy on craigslist selling cleaned shelled corn in Golinda from this years harvest for $200 a ton or $40 a barrel. Gonna make a run and get some if anyone is interested.....let me know and we can work out something and go get it.

Comment

That sounds like a sweet deal. Is the ton loose or bagged for that price i am thinking loose.

Comment

That sounds like a sweet deal. Is the ton loose or bagged for that price i am thinking loose.
                      That's loose,so if one has the containers for it,it is the best deal I have found works out to $5 a 50lbs. And with the way corn prices are now and the direction they are heading,I cannot afford to let this bargain pass by. I was looking at heading up there next Friday.

Comment

Originally posted by huntinboi14 View Post
                        Are there guided hunts during bow season?
                        Originally posted by popparoach View Post
                        That's loose,so if one has the containers for it,it is the best deal I have found works out to $5 a 50lbs. And with the way corn prices are now and the direction they are heading,I cannot afford to let this bargain pass by. I was looking at heading up there next Friday.
                        Good deal for sure too bad I bought almost 2 ton a few weeks ago I would be all over that

Comment

Can you shoot broadheads at SC if you bring your own target?

Comment

If its your target I would say yes. Matt are they still doing bow qualification still.

Comment

If its your target I would say yes. Matt are they still doing bow qualification still.
                              Yes sir brother Kevin. 11 to 2 daily. If anyone can't make it at that time leave me a message and I'll meet ya in the evening at the range to qualify ya.

Comment

What does the qualification consist of?

Comment

Working...
                                X