No announcement yet.

Fort Hood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Definitely thermacell, good Sharp knife, surgical gloves, TP, feeder or hardcore., extra broadheads. Scent free stuff, docks has ddw for 16 bucks, wind indication device.. hope it helps.

Comment

Originally posted by BirdRanger View Post
      Definitely thermacell, good Sharp knife, surgical gloves, TP, feeder or hardcore., extra broadheads. Scent free stuff, docks has ddw for 16 bucks, wind indication device.. hope it helps.
      forgot game calls,water to drink and wash hands with head lamp,small emergency kit for your pack,and i keep a compass in there too

Comment

Grp good point Matt, I think between us we got it covered. Oh and a camera for LDP.

Comment

Grp good point Matt, I think between us we got it covered. Oh and a camera for LDP.
          I got camera on phone for that one

Comment

Gotta a question, what's a TP and what's a good wind indication device?

Comment

What's LDP?

Comment

Originally posted by GottaGetMy1stWT View Post
                Gotta a question, what's a TP and what's a good wind indication device?
                Toilet paper And the wind indicator they sell at academy it's powder that you use to Chek the wind direction with. As far as LDP laying dead picture of your harvest

Comment

Originally posted by fthoodhoghunter View Post
                  Toilet paper And the wind indicator they sell at academy it's powder that you use to Chek the wind direction with. As far as LDP laying dead picture of your harvest
                  Thanks, I feel stupid now😔

Comment

G
                    Originally posted by GottaGetMy1stWT View Post
                    Thanks, I feel stupid now😔
                    Lmao

Comment

LMFAO, all is good.

Comment

Glad I could put a smile on yall face

Comment

We have all been there, some more than others.

Comment

yea, some more then others... I wasn't sure what it meant either so you aren't alone. As far as calls go can anyone make a recogmindation? Also rattlers... are the plastic horns ok? how about a rattle box? or should I just use my first pair for rattlers?

Comment

We have all been there, some more than others.
                              I know I have been there a lot. I have probably driven you and Matt crazy with all of my questions. But I am learning a lot from you guys. I appreciate everything you guys have done for me and told me.

Comment

I been thinkin'

Yeah, I know, that's dangerous, specially for a swabbie.

Maybe we're making this deer hunting stuff harder than it needs to be. I remember when I was a young 'un (long time ago). We never used stands, feeders (illegal) and such. Well, maybe we sat in a tree now an again (illegal back then), but for the most part we just sat/walked at ground level. Didn't have not camo/scent free/whatever. The stuff didn't exist. We had to wear red. Didn't seem to make much difference. I still remember needing to take a pee. Leaned my rifel against a tree and started doing what needed to be done. This doe walks out of the brush across the clearing (maybe 30 yards max). I slowly reach over, get my rifle, shoulder it and drill her. My favorite rifle too ... a 6.5 X 55 Swedish Mauser. What a sweet riftle it was. Biggest mistake I ever made was trading it off on an .06. That's o.k, I got even. Traded the .06 off on a .35 Whelen.

Anyway, don't think hunting deer requires a lot of goodies. Just time in the woods and a little work. Time in the woods and a little work is what I lack. Just too lazy.

New licences on Wednesday.

Bought me one of them electric smokers .... lovin' it. Set the temp, set the time, put in some chips every 30 to 45 minutes and your good to go. Thought I had a handle on smokin ribs and brisket until I got this thing. Wrong again Ed.

Comment

Working...
                                X