No announcement yet.

Fort Hood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wife & kids are leaving for Mexico City for 3 weeks. Maybe I can finally get out and hopefully find a couple of spots that are not taken and get set up. Primos sent me some patches for my pop-up. Does anyone know what kind of glue to use for these patches?

Comment

Same rubber based glue to patch inflatables.

Comment

hello fort hood from the sandbox called kuwait...should be back just in time for the rut to kick off and be on my month long leave during the holidays...hopefully u guys leave me a buck or two to chase aimlessy thru the end of the season....still months away and im itching to shoot like crazy!

Comment

Like Ben said Lance or you cold look at a tire patch kit. I am going to se that spray on sealer I used that in odessa and it works great, I just got to find it round here.

Rey good to see your still around, thought you PCSed somewhere, See ya when you get bak and be safe over there.

Comment

Originally posted by BenBen View Post
            Same rubber based glue to patch inflatables.
            Originally posted by BirdRanger View Post
            Like Ben said Lance or you cold look at a tire patch kit. I am going to se that spray on sealer I used that in odessa and it works great, I just got to find it round here.

Rey good to see your still around, thought you PCSed somewhere, See ya when you get bak and be safe over there.
            Thanks. I am going to try and get out Sunday and walk around. Hopefully there is an available spot or 2.

Comment

In the stand waiting on a couple boars to show more to come

Comment

Well the weather messed me up wind turned coming from n got busted oh well better luck next time

Comment

New to Ft Hood

Hello all,
                  I just arrived in the area and I am brand new to hunting. I was introduced to archery by my CSM last year while in Korea. I have been shooting ever since. The only time we could get eyes on anything on anything in Korea was at the airfield where we worked. I managed to hit a pheasant from about 25yds. But that's about all my experience. I plan on attending the class on 29 Jul and getting my license on 15 Aug. I have two sons who also shoot, 17 and 14, and are interested in hunting as well. Like I said I'm new and any help would be appreciated. Thanks again and glad to be around some folks who enjoy the same thing I do.

Comment

Welcome to you and your family. I am not a pro and I am still learning Ft Hood myself but what I can tell you is that bowhunting on Ft Hood is DIY. Find your spot, set-up, hunt. Anytime you are going in the training areas you must call into teletrac and check in. Go to the Sportsmans Center and they will be able to tell you all the information about area access. There are good areas on Ft Hood to hunt but there is a lot of hunting pressure. It is public hunting. Always tag your stand and whatever else you put out. Tag must have your name, phone number, area and date you set it out. There are some good people on this forum that can help you. The 2 that have helped me the most with bowhunting are fthoodhoghunter & birdranger. GOD Bless!

Originally posted by GottaGetMy1stWT View Post
                    Hello all,
                    I just arrived in the area and I am brand new to hunting. I was introduced to archery by my CSM last year while in Korea. I have been shooting ever since. The only time we could get eyes on anything on anything in Korea was at the airfield where we worked. I managed to hit a pheasant from about 25yds. But that's about all my experience. I plan on attending the class on 29 Jul and getting my license on 15 Aug. I have two sons who also shoot, 17 and 14, and are interested in hunting as well. Like I said I'm new and any help would be appreciated. Thanks again and glad to be around some folks who enjoy the same thing I do.

Comment

Originally posted by BowTechGuardian View Post
                      Welcome to you and your family. I am not a pro and I am still learning Ft Hood myself but what I can tell you is that bowhunting on Ft Hood is DIY. Find your spot, set-up, hunt. Anytime you are going in the training areas you must call into teletrac and check in. Go to the Sportsmans Center and they will be able to tell you all the information about area access. There are good areas on Ft Hood to hunt but there is a lot of hunting pressure. It is public hunting. Always tag your stand and whatever else you put out. Tag must have your name, phone number, area and date you set it out. There are some good people on this forum that can help you. The 2 that have helped me the most with bowhunting are fthoodhoghunter & birdranger. GOD Bless!
                      Thanks for the info. From what I am reading on here it seems like you have to know where to go to get some good spots.

Comment

Welcome to Fort Hood, my advice for hood is stay off the roads and the beaten path get as deep as you can. Will tell you this lots of stuff goes missing if you dont. Fort Hood has some really good deer on it and hogs, just got to put in the time. Lots of good folks on here.

Comment

Originally posted by BirdRanger View Post
                          Welcome to Fort Hood, my advice for hood is stay off the roads and the beaten path get as deep as you can. Will tell you this lots of stuff goes missing if you dont. Fort Hood has some really good deer on it and hogs, just got to put in the time. Lots of good folks on here.
                          How far in constitutes deep? 1 or 2 miles, or more?

Comment

Originally posted by GottaGetMy1stWT View Post
                            How far in constitutes deep? 1 or 2 miles, or more?
                            Get off the main tank trails at least 1/4 mile if now more

Comment

Originally posted by fthoodhoghunter View Post
                              Get off the main tank trails at least 1/4 mile if now more
                              With any luck I will be able to meet up in person with someone who knows the area and can show me the ropes.

Comment

I will be on hood tomorrow for a few hours we can meet at SC and bring a map I can show ya some of my old spots, the rest is up to you. Same goes for you Lance.

Comment

Working...
                                X