No announcement yet.

Fort Hood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whats up everyong. Its been a long time. Im still stuck in Kuwait but I would be home some time around June. Y'all take care and have fun.

Comment

Be safe...and enjoy Kuwait:-)

Originally posted by bowhunter59 View Post
      Whats up everyong. Its been a long time. Im still stuck in Kuwait but I would be home some time around June. Y'all take care and have fun.

Comment

Originally posted by jbitt4x4 View Post
        Be safe...and enjoy Kuwait:-)
        I just love all the sand. Plus they wont let me have my bow over here. It sucks

Comment

Hello everyone, it has been a while since I have been on here. I still have about 4 months in Kuwait. This secondary mission after leaving Iraq sucks. Good news is I got my new Botech Destroyer waiting for me at the house. Since I was able to take advantage of Bowtech's overseas military dicount. Aso even better news I come down on orders to Fort Richardson, AK. I can't wait to get up there. I have been trying toget Alaska for 10 years.

Comment

Let me know report date to Alaska and where, I got some hunting and fishing hook up, spent 4 years at Richardson.

Comment

I my report date right now is Nov 10th but I am submitting a 4187 to waive my stabilization so I can push it to the left 60 days which will put me at Sept 10th. My plan is to take 30 days leave plus my travel so hopefully I am heading up north at the end of July or early August. I want to do a DITTY move, so I want to drive up inthe summer plus I would like to get there before school starts.

Comment

Sand storm gotta love it,
                50-70 mph winds.

Comment

Originally posted by BirdRanger View Post
                  Sand storm gotta love it,
                  50-70 mph winds.
                  Stay inside.

I'm going to try and get out the next couple of weeks and start looking around for places to hunt. All of my weekends have been at Lions park with 3kids playing soccer. I hope they take a break for a while. I've got to make life a little easier on myself this year Kevin. Last year I had set-ups on opposite sides of the post and that made it hard trying to corn after work. This year I want to have 2 or 3 set-ups on the same side of post so that I corn easier and check cameras. JUst not sure where to start looking. Lots of area out there but with all of the Troops coming home, there will be more hunters this year.

Comment

Ya, but alot of people are leaving. They are tryn to make the post smalller with how many poeple they have on post.

Comment

Originally posted by bowhunter59 View Post
                      Ya, but alot of people are leaving. They are tryn to make the post smalller with how many poeple they have on post.
                      I saw that on the news but they are still building houses like crazy here. Seems like the economy is pretty good in this area. If they ever closed Fort Hood, this place would be a ghost town.

Comment

Yeah but crime would drop. The economy isn't all that good. People spending what they consider extra money isn't stabilizing the local economy, just creating a spike. If they are shrinking the footprint then why are we still pushing units out? Please don't be fooled by the hype. I got three platoons in the door with another two getting ready to ramp. It's a long way off before things stabilize.

Comment

Ben Ben I will be around team rib but you will see me all over the place this weekend make sure you hollar.

Comment

I will see you Saturday ,

Comment

I will be there

Comment

Lance find an area on the west side 50 thru 53 are good, I usually find 1 area set two stands 100-200 yards apart corn both areas and put up a feeder in the best area. Just my 2 cents worth.

Comment

Working...
                                X